Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Fire ant hell sunburn itch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    You make it sound like we do it on purpose.
    Consider who she is talking to...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I'll refrain from retelling the story about unknowingly stepping in a fire ant mound as I got out of my car to make a sales call and having to strip my pants off in the middle of the street -- in front of the prospective clients -- when I noticed that they had swarmed up my pants to knee level.

Oh. I guess I just did. Well at least I didn't get bit once and made the sale!
      One of our good friends did that, but she was smart!!!! She just reached up her skirt, pulled her pantyhose down, and ridded herself of the fire ants in one fell swoop. Of course, she was awfully embarrassed later, but said "it seemed like the thing to do at the time".

Why didn't YOU try that?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        One of our good friends did that, but she was smart!!!! She just reached up her skirt, pulled her pantyhose down, and ridded herself of the fire ants in one fell swoop. Of course, she was awfully embarrassed later, but said "it seemed like the thing to do at the time".

Why didn't YOU try that?
        He still uses a garter.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

You make it sound like we do it on purpose.

I know what you mean.

Everytime I fall down, somebody says to me, 'Stop falling down!".

And I say, "yeah, like I do it on purpose."

But, you CAN prevent sunburns!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            Don't know. All I know is I have never felt anything like that. It was the most unbearable thing I have ever felt. And for now, I seem to be relatively ok.
            ...and aren't you diabetic? Or is that Sparko?
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              I know what you mean.

LOL...when I got sunburned in Colorado, I got sympathy. Here, not much at all except when I got 2nd degree burns on my back.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                LOL...when I got sunburned in Colorado, I got sympathy. Here, not much at all except when I got 2nd degree burns on my back.

DON'T do that again!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  I know what you mean.

Not everybody lives in a region where the sun barely makes it over the horizon for half the year.

Around here folks get sunburned through their clothes. And you can't wear anything heavy in 90° heat with 90% humidity unless you want a heat stroke. In fact I see clothes advertising their SPF level!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Not everybody lives in a region where the sun barely makes it over the horizon for half the year.

Around here folks get sunburned through their clothes. And you can't wear anything heavy in 90° heat with 90% humidity unless you want a heat stroke. In fact I see clothes advertising their SPF level!
                    In CLOTHES? Seriously? (Insert long suspicious gaze)

Comment

That's a good idea! Clothes with SPF!

In the good old days, the women in the south used parasols to keep the sun off them. Brilliant!

I use mine every time I go for a walk with Mr. mossy. Sometimes it gets used to keep the rain off, but it is mostly for shade.

Comment

Yup. I first saw it in shirts at Kohl's at the start of summer.

Source: Sun protective clothing

Sun protective clothing is clothing specifically designed for sun protection and is produced from a fabric rated for its level of ultraviolet (UV) protection. A novel weave structure and denier (related to thread count per inch) may produce sun protective properties. In addition, some textiles and fabrics employed in the use of sun protective clothing may be pre-treated with UV inhibiting ingredients during manufacture to enhance their UV blocking capacity.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Here is an ad for UPF 50+ clothes (is that different from SPF?)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

Happens a lot here as well. People burn very quickly even through clothing in NZ (that pesky hole in the Ozone layer).

In summer schools don't let kids play outside without decent hats and we have to send sun block in with them to school.
                            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                              Happens a lot here as well. People burn very quickly even through clothing in NZ (that pesky hole in the Ozone layer).

In summer schools don't let kids play outside without decent hats and we have to send sun block in with them to school.
                              I was referring to Rogue's statement about sunblock in clothes. I hadn't heard of that and I live in a major sunblock - required region.

Comment

I was referring to Rogue's statement about sunblock in clothes. I hadn't heard of that and I live in a major sunblock - required region.
                                So was I. All our swimming gear has an spf rating
                                Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                                1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                                -Ben Witherington III

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X