Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Fire ant hell sunburn itch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the sun. I sit in the shade and look out at it through my shades.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Soy sauce (not the low salt version), and possibly mixed with mustard is a good immediate treatment of burns and sunburn. It reduces the scalding and tissue injury from burns.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Is it the salt in the sauce that does the job?

Interesting!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          So, I went to North Myrtle Beach on Saturday, and got a sunburn.
          I just missed you! I was there the next day (and the next couple).
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            I love the sun. I sit in the shade and look out at it through my shades.
            But you don't see it that often, do you?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              But you don't see it that often, do you?
              In the summertime, he sees more of it than anyone else here.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                In the summertime, he sees more of it than anyone else here.
                Well, yeah, there's that... so I wonder how many hours of sunlight he sees annually compared to what I see from Texas.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  Is it the salt in the sauce that does the job?

Interesting!
                  The salt is part of healing because when you are burned the smaller blood vessels are damaged limiting circulation to the skin. Also soy and mustard have healing properties.

If it is a hopeless case, the soy sauce and mustard make good ingredients for a basting cooking sauce for the grill. Add ground hot peppers, vinegar, garlic and lemon juice.
                  Last edited by shunyadragon; 09-16-2014, 12:35 PM.
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    The salt is part of healing because when you are burned the smaller blood vessels are damaged limiting circulation to the skin. Also soy and mustard have healing properties.

If it is a hopeless case, the soy sauce and mustard make good ingredients for a basting cooking sauce for the grill. Add ground hot peppers, vinegar, garlic and lemon juice.
                    Are you suggesting we grill someone with a really bad sunburn???
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Put'em out of his misery!

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                        Put'em out of his misery!
                        Yep, take 'em outback and shoot 'em
                        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Do you smell bacon?
                          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the sunburn, Bill. I've had that same sunburn itch once in my life -- and I wouldn't care to repeat it. Wish I would I have known about this remedy...I suffered for quite some time.

On a side note, I was in North Myrtle this summer as well. I'm not a huge beach fan, but it wasn't too bad. Particularly enjoyed the food up in Calabash.
                            "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                              Sorry to hear about the sunburn, Bill. I've had that same sunburn itch once in my life -- and I wouldn't care to repeat it. Wish I would I have known about this remedy...I suffered for quite some time.

On a side note, I was in North Myrtle this summer as well. I'm not a huge beach fan, but it wasn't too bad. Particularly enjoyed the food up in Calabash.
                              Don't make me hungry.....
                              my family goes to N. Myrtle once a year for a week. And Calabash is well, Calabash, fresh cooked fried and no one holds a candle to it. Just don't forget to feed the leftovers to the Birds on the Docks..... (oops thats only if you want to be pooped on by a seagull swarm)
                              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

my ankle hurts.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X