Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Cutting the Cable --- or, um... Satellite!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    Correction: Notre Dame 14-0 over Michigan currently. Woo hoo!!
    Correction: Notre Dame 21, Michigan 0, woo hoo hoo!!! Too bad foudroyant was banned. This proves the intercession of Mary.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      I told her about your previous post. She said, "Catholicity doesn't watch football."
      You've corrupted her.

Comment

You've corrupted her.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

The only reason I haven't cut the cable/satellite is I only get about 6 or 7 channels on the antenna. I spent $100 on a really good antenna and I spent about $75 on a preamp, but I'm just too far away from the big city to get much more. I guess I could put my antenna higher, but it's already about 25-30 ft in the air mounted on a 10' pole at the peak of the gable. I really don't want a 50 ft. pole with guy wires and I can't afford a tower that doesn't require one...(those babies are expensive.) Also, if I were to go without Directv or the like, I want to get a OTA DVR. Cuz I LIKE skipping commercials, and recording shows for later. But that's about $350
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

28-0 at the end of the 3rd Quarter. Catholicity should return to her roots.

Comment

28-0 at the end of the 3rd Quarter.

Psssshhhhhhh... plenty of time for a comeback!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

She has! She was raised Baptist
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

So I bought a GE Attic Mount Indoor Antenna for about $35 at Walmart --- supposed to be good for a range of about 60 miles, and that should reach most of the stations coming out of Houston and surrounding area. I had a cheaper version that worked "ok", but signal seemed to fade in and out sometimes, causing pixelation..... I'll try this either Sunday afternoon or sometime on Monday.

attic mount.jpg
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hail, hail, to Michigan, the cesspool of the West.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

She has! She was raised Baptist
                      Really? I'm an honorary Southern Baptist. If you think about it, all Christians are Baptists. No big deal, really. Any 'Baptist' colleges playing against Notre Dame?

Comment

Really? I'm an honorary Southern Baptist. If you think about it, all Christians are Baptists. No big deal, really. Any 'Baptist' colleges playing against Notre Dame?
                        I think Baylor is the only one out there that plays big time college football.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          So I bought a GE Attic Mount Indoor Antenna for about $35 at Walmart --- supposed to be good for a range of about 60 miles, and that should reach most of the stations coming out of Houston and surrounding area. I had a cheaper version that worked "ok", but signal seemed to fade in and out sometimes, causing pixelation..... I'll try this either Sunday afternoon or sometime on Monday.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1947[/ATTACH]
                          The new digital signals are much more sensitive to alignment. If you don't already know about it. Here is a great site to maximize your antenna alignment: http://www.antennaweb.org/ and http://www.antennapoint.com/
                          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I think Baylor is the only one out there that plays big time college football.
                            Baylor doesn't play Notre Dame this year, but they will have to play against #4 Oklahoma.

BTW, just in case anyone is wondering, Notre Dame beat Michigan, 31-0, first shut-out since they first starting playing each other back in 1887, the greatest rivalry in the history of college football.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                              The new digital signals are much more sensitive to alignment. If you don't already know about it. Here is a great site to maximize your antenna alignment: http://www.antennaweb.org/ and http://www.antennapoint.com/
                              Thanks -- that's pretty cool.

Comment

Unfortunately the channels I watch the most are not broadcast. BBC America, TCM, Nick (for the grands), AHC (American History Channel?), and the like. And the local cable company (yes we only have one), just moved TCM to the Encore package so that's an extra fee. I don't normally watch a lot of sports unless there's nothing else on, and then it's only the Royals or Chiefs, so I could easily live without all the ESPNs, the Golf Channel and even the new SEC channel that Suddenlink added to our line up. I really, really, really wish all these networks would stop tying channels together so we could order "a la carte". And then if there was something I wanted to watch on a channel I didn't get, treat it like pay per view.

end rant
                                Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Comment