Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Retribution in Purgatory (A M&M 2e Campaign)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Thread: Retribution in Purgatory (A M&M 2e Campaign)

Purgatory...

What comes to mind when you hear that word?

Does it invoke religious imagery? Of a spiritual half-way house where you’re scrubbed up just a little more before you enter true Paradise?

If so, you’re one of the lucky ones. For the rest of us, the word invokes a festering pustule of a city. A place where- if you’re lucky- you’re more likely to get your clock cleaned than your soul.

“How bad is it?” You ask. Let me put it his way: If there isn’t a mob racket in your neighborhood, then there’s likely a black market for highly advanced arms dealers to peddle their wares to the local gangs. If you’ve got neither of those, you’re not off the hook yet; there’s still sinister cultists committing atrocities in the name of their Dark Deity Du Jour.

“But what about the Authorities… Can’t they do anything?” Good Question. That depends on who you’re talking about. The local cops? There’s only so much the good cops can do, thanks to bureaucracy. The Feds? Good luck. They’ve got, ‘bigger fish to fry.’ Or as I like to put it, they prefer locking up perfectly good Supers for not being ‘registered’ as opposed to taking care of the real problems that plague our streets.

I don’t know about you, but I’m sick of this crap.

That’s why I’m putting together a group of supers. These guys will be independent, unbridled by corporate or government strings. That way, we can deal with the filth that likes to think it owns this town.

It’s time to free this city from the evil that has it chained. It's time to show the government that they're doing more harm than good by restricting Superheroes.

It’s time for…

***Retribution in Purgatory***
    Issue 1: Hell's Welcoming Committee

July 15th, 10 PM
    Just outside the Abandoned Construction Yard

“If you have received this message, then that means one thing: You have been selected as part of a special project... One that will attempt to purge this city of the depraved sociopaths that inhabit it.
    If this is what you desire, come to the Abandoned Construction Yard near the outskirts of town. We’ve got some business to discuss.”

...So said the note that you mysteriously received. And apparently, you weren't the only one that received this message. It appears three of you received the same invitation, and the lot of you bumped into each other just outside the meeting place.
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

The android demands: IDENTIFY.
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

"I'm Cyberpunk. Identify yourselves!"
      "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
      -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I support the :
      sigpic

Comment

this unit is programmed to identify as CROSS-FIRE.

Comment

"Who do you belong to?"
          "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
          -Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          I support the :
          sigpic

Comment

The answer is prompt and clear. ACCESS DENIED.

Comment

"I'm guessing you recieved the same note I did?"
              -Unknown

I support the :
              sigpic

Comment

PROCESSING... likely. The android turns to the other person present. IDENTIFY.

Comment

The short brunette with the notebook and the feisty glint in her eyes looks the android up and down before replying.

"I'm Hel... ahh... ..Crusher. You're Cross-Fire, is that right?" She looks the android over once more: "I'm thinking you might not be, ah, fully human...?"

Turning to the other person (?) present, she introduces herself "Hi, I'm Crusher. And you're Cyberpunk, correct? Looks like we're the Three C's. If we can find a fourth member we could make a barbershop quartet." Despite the joke her expression is deadpan. "Unless you're here for something else...?"
                  ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

[I guess a description would be in order...]Cross-fire is generally humanoid in shape, but seems to be constructed entirely of synthetic parts, and given the narrowness of its joints, the proposition that it is a power suit seems quite absurd. Two optic sensors positioned on the head like eyes give off a dull red glow, and a small speaker positioned below these seems function as a mouth.

The bulkiness of the chest area and forearms suggest that these might serve as storage compartments for... something. Given that the robot has identified itself as "Cross-Fire," it's anyone's guess just what that something may be.

Comment

Helen mentally kicked herself. Of course it's not human, dummy. Look at how it's built.

"So we all got a note - a note inviting us to this abandoned yard...?" She indicates the gates to the place with a glance in that direction.

"I'm thinking it's either a set-up or someone else is sick of the corruption in this town. I've made enough enemies that a set-up isn't that unlikely... ...although something that happened recently makes me less worried about facing something like that. How about you guys?"
                      ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

PROCESSING

likelihood of hostile ambush low

Comment

A device on Cyberpunk's person suddenly lights up.

[Remind me, IC... what kind of device is this? I remember it being 'Hard to Lose' so perhaps it's wristband-like in nature? Also... does it speak, or just provide walls of text, or does it do either/or depending on circumstance?]

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                            A device on Cyberpunk's person suddenly lights up.

[Remind me, IC... what kind of device is this? I remember it being 'Hard to Lose' so perhaps it's wristband-like in nature? Also... does it speak, or just provide walls of text, or does it do either/or depending on circumstance?]
                            [It's a gauntlet with a wrist display. It does both depending on the circumstances.]
                            Last edited by Irate Canadian; 09-07-2014, 08:14 PM.
                            -Unknown

I support the :
                            sigpic

Comment

Some text shows up on your monitor

SIR. PARDON MY INTERRUPTION, BUT I'M DETECTING SOME TRACES OF ADVANCED WEAPONRY IN THE VICINITY. ONE IS RIGHT ADJACENT TO US, THE REST ARE WITHIN THE CONSTRUCTION YARD.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X