Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Retribution in Purgatory (A M&M 2e Campaign)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [sure, why not.

Lana and Archer gonna do anything, or are you gonna let us fail horribly at interrogation without their help?]
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
      [sure, why not.

Lana and Archer gonna do anything, or are you gonna let us fail horribly at interrogation without their help?]
      [GM's note: I'm getting to that, but I figured I'd give the Player Characters their chance first. If you guys want to make the NPCs do all the dirty work, be my guest.]

(Crossfire)

Notice Check Results

SCANNING FOR HOSTILE TARGETS... NEGATIVE. NO THREATENING HOSTILES WITHIN AREA

SCANNING ROOM... ROOM HAS SEVERAL MEDICAL SUPPLIES, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
      -MULTIPLE FORMS OF CHEMOTHERAPY DRUGS
      -LOTS OF BIO-HAZARD CONTAINERS
      -ONE LARGE CRYOGENIC CONTAINER, CURRENTLY OCCUPIED
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
        You can hear a condescending sigh, followed by a, "Paid for doing what, exactly? As far as I'm concerned, we're just defending our property from a band of thugs who jumped us from out of nowhere."
        Crusher HP:0

"So you risked arrest and incarceration, broke several laws and got yourself beat down, all for nothing, huh?"

Crusher turns to the others: "Either we got ourselves the dumbest ever criminal here, or he's doing charity work on the side."

Crusher leans over and puts a very heavy hand on the villain's chest.

"I'm thinking you're just hired muscle, and none too smart at that, since you're working for free, and what's in all these boxes must be worth a fair bit. Maybe I should just crush you now, or turn you over to the lady here. I got a feeling she don't play very nice."
        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• (Crusher)

Snowman replies, "Please, I'm not afraid of you (Whoopsie!). What are you gonna do... kill me?"

At your comment about 'the lady,' Lana replies, "You're right, I really don't play nice... thing is, my associate here is kind of in the middle of a rampage right now so I might just turn things over to him." You see a wicked smirk on Archer's face as he eyes his grenades (or are they smoke bombs?) and shotgun.

Comment

• Crusher HP:0

"Cheap - no, free hired muscle, and not even bright enough to know who's really dangerous. Lady, he's all yours..."

Crusher turns away to look at the interior of the warehouse, still keeping his bonds of rock on the captured villain.
            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• As Crusher defers things to the two espionage agents, Archer and Lana set to work on him.

Archer starts. "First things first, you're going to tell me what sorts of sketchy things you've been doing in here, because it certainly looks like you're not just dealing in counterfeit cancer meds. Otherwise," He brandishes his shotgun and points it towards the legs of the unconscious Firebrand, "Your little friend here is going to be kissing his kneecaps goodbye."

Snowman's tough and/or calm mannerisms falter a little. Seems like the espionage agent has struck a nerve.

"You wouldn't dare. You wouldn't (Ruh-Roh) dare..."

Lana cuts him off, "Yes, he would- in fact- dare. He's mid-rampage. You really wanna mess with a guy who found out he's been taking fake chemo meds for his bre-"

"Not the time, Lana." Archer shifts his focus back to Snowman. "So. You gonna talk, or is Mr. Fireball here gonna be in a wheelchair the rest of his life?"

Snowman glares at Archer.

Archer glares back.

Snowman starts to sweat a little (you can tell because tiny bits of frozen precipitation start clumping on his forehead).

Archer pulls the hammer back on the shotgun.

Snowman grits his teeth. "FINE!" he gasps in exasperation. "Aside from dealing in counterfeit chemo drugs, something we only do on the side by the way, we've been smuggling weird medical containers for the Syndicate. Don't ask me what's in them, I'm not high enough on the food chain for that information. We had an extra-large payload today in the form of that," he motions weakly over with his neck. "Dunno what's in that either, but whatever's in it was valuable enough for me and my brother to go up in the ranks."

Archer raises his gun and un-cocks it. "Now was that so hard?"

He goes over to the containers marked Cyclophosphamide. "This the real stuff?"

"Yeah, we got rid of the fake stuff a few hours ago. Why?"

Archer kicks a crate open, "Because I'm two weeks behind on treatment." He hooks a bag up to a catheter in his chest. Lana tries to stop him, "Seriously, Archer? You're starting chemo 'Mid-Rampage'?"

"Uh, Yeah, did I mention that I need to take my prescribed medication?"

The two start bickering as they take a bunch of the chemo supplies. The party seems to have been left to their own devices as they take off.

Comment

• "So, what's our plan of action, guys?"
                "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                I support the :
                sigpic

Comment

• (The Party)

[GM's note: ]

Comment

• Cyberpunk speaks into his gauntlet, "Hey, what's our recommended course of action?"
                    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                    -Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    I support the :
                    sigpic

Comment

• (Cyberpunk)

Your gauntlet lights up and the following shows up on the display.

OBJECTIVE WAS TO INTERCEPT SYNDICATE'S ATTEMPT TO TRANSPORT UNKNOWN OBJECTS. IDEAL COURSE OF ACTION IS TO FIND OUT WHAT EXACTLY THEY ARE MOVING. CALCULATIONS INDICATE THAT THESE PECULIAR MEDICAL CONTAINERS MIGHT BE THE THING THEY ARE ATTEMPTING TO TRANSPORT.

Comment

• Cyberpunk goes to the medical container and attempts to open it.
                        -Unknown

I support the :
                        sigpic

Comment

• (Cyberpunk)

As you approach the medical container, you notice that it appears to be sealed shut via a mechanical lock.

[Roll Disable Device to crack this puppy open. It's DC 20]

Comment

• [Disable Device Roll:
                            Roll(1d20)+13:
                            15,+13
                            Total:28]
                            -Unknown

I support the :
                            sigpic

Comment

• (Cyberpunk)

[Disable Device check results: Success!]

After fiddling with the electronic locks, you managed to unlock the container. A gust of frigid air vents from it as the door of the cryogenic container opens, and the- for lack of a better term- 'defrosting' procedure kicks in.

After a few minutes you get to see what, or rather who, is inside: a young man, early 20's at youngest. He's alive albeit unconscious, and also completely naked.

Comment

• [Well, it seems no one is here anymore.... :(]
                                Cyberpunk goes over to look at the young man.
                                -Unknown

I support the :
                                sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X