Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Retribution in Purgatory (A M&M 2e Campaign)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusher HP:1

Crusher nods approvingly. "Then we're on the same side. My colleagues and I are here to track down some smugglers. If you can spare a moment I'll get them, and we can talk. Probably we should co-ordinate our efforts. I'm Crusher, by the way."

[To save time - if they agree to that Crusher will teleport back, tell Cyber and Cross, return and wait with Archer and Lana until the others arrive]

[I have no idea who Archer is - did I miss a pop culture reference?]
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• [GM's note: Yeah, Archer is an animated series about a James Bond-esque spy. Definitely not for kids, though. ]

The group gathers together (I'll assume that you take the scenic route to avoid being seen), and Archer gets nervouse as he sees Crossfire... "Uh, what the hell is that?!" Lana sighs in exhasperation.
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archer_%28TV_series%29]

[before they group up with the agents]

PROCESSING...

allowing agents from international agency to spearhead operation will provide cover for strategic objectives: cooperation recommended.

[in other words, if the criminals think this was a move just by the spy agency, we can avoid suspicion from the various criminal organizations and go undetected longer]

[when they group up]

this unit is programmed to identify as CROSS-FIRE: unit function is tactical analysis and ranged combat
        Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• "...It's already begun. The Rise of the Machines." He mutters to himself, then looks at Crossfire straight in the optics. "Look, the only reason I'm not putting a bullet into your over-glorified tin-can carapace is that I hate the jackasses in that warehouse more than I hate you right now... but know this: you try any funny stuff tonight, I will end you. Got it?" He points a semi-auto rifle at your torso.

Comment

• [I'm very tempted to make a "my eyes are up here" joke right now, but I can't figure out how cross-fire would say it ]

Cross-Fire is impassive at Archer's threat.

recommend focus on primary objectives: disrupt operations and gather intelligence. tactical input requested.

Comment

• Archer sighs, "Just like a machine... so cold, and emotionless." His associate speaks up. "When it comes to dealing with them, do what you will... however, keep some of them alive. We need to 'question' them as to who's behind the counterfeit chemo drugs."

Comment

• Crusher HP:1

"Well, I'm glad we got all that settled, then." Crusher says briskly, trying to smooth over any awkwardness. "I'm sure we will be happy to leave them alive, if possible. I'm... ah... a little clumsy and may hit them harder than they can take."

"Now just which warehouse were you going to target?" he asks Lana.
                ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• TACTICAL OBJECTIVE REGISTERED: capture prisoners

CF then returns to scanning the area with x-ray and thermal vision. [any notable changes?]

Comment

• Lana replies, "32H, I think it was... that's where the pharmacist Archer tortured said they were unloading the meds. Which, by the way, Archer" She sneers at him, "Still not impressed with that whole situation."

"Lana, we've been over this... You know I'm in the middle of a rampage. And it got him to talk, didn't it?"

"Yeah, but threatening to shove a knife up..."

"LANA... Rampage, remember? Now are we going to talk about this or are we going to break into that warehouse?"

Comment

• eight targets in warehouse #32H. one target emitting intense heat: possible heat-based metahuman

[Do I need a new notice check? If so, I'm still at +9; feel free to roll it behind the GM screen ]

Comment

• [GM's note: Make another Notice Roll, Crossfire.]

Comment

• [6 on the die, plus 9 is 15]

Comment

• [Notice Check Results]

You notice about three more figures in the room. One of which- in stark contrast to the ridiculously warm figure- is emitting no heat whatsoever.
                            Last edited by Chaotic Void; 11-30-2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• three new targets. one giving off no heat signature. Probable identity: syndicate lieutenant SNOWMAN

[how far away from the warehouse are we now?]

Comment

• [GM's note: About half a block's distance.]

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X