Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Retribution in Purgatory (A M&M 2e Campaign)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyberpunk looks at the other two people present.

"I've been informed there's some advanced weapons nearby. There's two options the way I see it. Option one: someone called us here to get rid of three 'pests' at the same time. The other option someone has geared up to join us...."
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Comment

Helen nodded her agreement: "Yep, I think that's pretty much the possibilities. I'd certainly describe myself as a 'pest' to the kind of corrupt and criminal people who run most of this city. Shall we get this over with?"

Helen starts to move towards the entrance to the yard.
      ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

[Irate Canadian, what does Cyberpunk look like? Helen is a fairly petite brunette, shoulder length hair, usually with an expression of concentration on her face. She wears practical casual clothes and carries a small shoulder bag.]
        Last edited by MaxVel; 09-07-2014, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
          [Irate Canadian, what does Cyberpunk look like? Helen is a fairly petite brunette, shoulder length hair, usually with an expression of concentration on her face. She wears practical casual clothes and carries a small shoulder bag.]
          [Black short hair, green eyes. As of right now, he's wearing a battlesuit which has a light blue color scheme....]
          "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
          -Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          I support the :
          sigpic

Comment

As the party enters, they come into a wreck of a place.

To their left, a partially constructed Shopping Mall. It's two stories and there are lots of portions where there are gaping holes that seem to have been made over time. Some of the roof is even arched up, like a partially opened can.

In front of them, a concrete driveway leading into what appears to be an underground parking lot. The toll booth is shattered, leaving people to come and go as they please.

Construction Yard 1.png
            Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

SCAN INITIATED

[infravision and x-ray vision through the structures.
              Notice roll:7d20+9=16]
              Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Helen looks around, a bit nervously. There are too many places for someone to hide around here...

[Notice roll: 1d20 → [18] = (18) + 11* = 29 ]

* I'll have to check the book when I get home I've checked the book, and her bonus is 8 (skill ranks) +3 (INT 16) = +11
                Last edited by MaxVel; 09-08-2014, 08:16 AM. Reason: Checked in the 2E book

Comment

[GM's note: Before I forget...]

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Got the Ball Rolling! (Each party member gains 1 Hero Point for getting things in motion)

[Now that that's said and done...]

NOTICE CHECK RESULTS:

(Crusher)
                  You see plenty of open spots where people could be hiding (and thus, where they could jump you from)... through which you also spot some figures taking the scenic route towards you on the first floor

(Crossfire)
                  SCANNING... *ding*

SIX FIGURES LOCATED IN MALL. THREE ON TOP FLOOR, THREE ON BOTTOM.

FOUR FIGURES LOCATED IN PARKWAY SEVERAL METERS BELOW. APPROXIMATE FORMATION: CIRCLE. GIVEN THEIR ROBES, POSSIBILITY OF FIGURES MERELY SINGING KUMBAYA NONEXISTENT.
                  Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

"Either of you spot anything?"
                    -Unknown

I support the :
                    sigpic

Comment

TEN UNIDENTIFIED FIGURES.

Then, indicating each area with one hand, THREE. THREE. FOUR.

PROCESSING

probability that present scenario intended by originator of invitation as test of individual and collective combat capabilities: HIGH

Comment

Crusher HP:1

Helen gulps nervously when the android speaks.

"I see some people moving our way... on the first floor, over there." She indicates with a wave. "It could be an ambush."

"Listen, I...ah... ....I have some very urgent business to see to. I should go. Now." Helen waves a very hurried goodbye to her two new acquaintances, and starts scurrying towards the gate and safety. A dust devil stirs up the dirt and trash, momentarily obscuring her.

"I'll send my friend to help you, don't worry!" she shouts over her shoulder as the whirl of dust and litter obscures her.

"Hurrrr.... Is there a problem? You guys need a hand?" a massive figure, earth-coloured and heavily muscled, has risen out of the ground just to the right of CyberPunk. "I'm Crusher. Helen asked me to fill in for her. She's attending to an urgent matter.".

The voice is like James Earl Jones gargling gravel, but the vocabulary and diction are much more educated than you'd expect from Crusher's appearance.

"Ptth- taah! Darn grit always gets stuck in my throat..." Crusher spits a few pea-sized pebbles onto the ground.

Comment

The short brunette with the notebook and the feisty glint in her eyes looks the android up and down before replying.

"I'm Hel... ahh... ..Crusher. You're Cross-Fire, is that right?" She looks the android over once more: "I'm thinking you might not be, ah, fully human...?"

Turning to the other person (?) present, she introduces herself "Hi, I'm Crusher. And you're Cyberpunk, correct? Looks like we're the Three C's. If we can find a fourth member we could make a barbershop quartet." Despite the joke her expression is deadpan. "Unless you're here for something else...?"

Helen gulps nervously when the android speaks.

"I see some people moving our way... on the first floor, over there." She indicates with a wave. "It could be an ambush."

"Listen, I...ah... ....I have some very urgent business to see to. I should go. Now." Helen waves a very hurried goodbye to her two new acquaintances, and starts scurrying towards the gate and safety. A dust devil stirs up the dirt and trash, momentarily obscuring her.

"I'll send my friend to help you, don't worry!" she shouts over her shoulder as the whirl of dust and litter obscures her.

"Hurrrr.... Is there a problem? You guys need a hand?" a massive figure, earth-coloured and heavily muscled, has risen out of the ground just to the right of CyberPunk. "I'm Crusher. Helen asked me to fill in for her. She's attending to an urgent matter.".

The voice is like James Earl Jones gargling gravel, but the vocabulary and diction are much more educated than you'd expect from Crusher's appearance.

"Ptth- taah! Darn grit always gets stuck in my throat..." Crusher spits a few pea-sized pebbles onto the ground.
                          [ ]

PROCESSING

protocols dictate verification of hostility prior to commencement of open violence

CRUSHER: gain their attention: this unit will provide covering fire if necessary

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                            [ ]

It should make more sense in a while....

The granite figure nods, slowly, at the android's suggestion.

"OK. I'll get their attention."

Crusher strides forward a few paces, towards the remains of the mall. Cupping his hands he yells, in a voice that rumbles deeply like a clubber's subwoofer:

"Hey! We know you're in there, so you may as well come out!"
                            Last edited by MaxVel; 09-09-2014, 03:50 AM.

Comment

The granite figure nods, slowly, at the android's suggestion.

"OK. I'll get their attention."

Crusher strides forward a few paces, towards the remains of the mall. Cupping his hands he yells, in a voice that rumbles deeply like a clubber's subwoofer:

"Hey! We know you're in there, so you may as well come out!"
                              [He?]
                              -Unknown

I support the :
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                                [He?]
                                [Or 'It']

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X