Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Retribution in Purgatory (A M&M 2e Campaign)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Crusher)

All of a sudden, you hear some cursing and someone says, "Okay boys, let's take 'em down." Moments later, three goons in masks and dark clothing dart from the building. One hurls a fireball at you, another sends some sort of energy wave at you. Still another more muscular goon moves in from the rear and attempts to deck you.

To Hit...
    Fireball: 17
    Energy Wave: 7
    Haymaker: 24
    (It's a combined attack. Lemme know how many of them hit, if any, and roll Toughness)
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

[I'm assuming all the attacks were for the rock hero?]
      "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
      -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I support the :
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
        (Crusher)

All of a sudden, you hear some cursing and someone says, "Okay boys, let's take 'em down." Moments later, three goons in masks and dark clothing dart from the building. One hurls a fireball at you, another sends some sort of energy wave at you. Still another more muscular goon moves in from the rear and attempts to deck you.

To Hit...
        Fireball: 17
        Energy Wave: 7
        Haymaker: 24
        (It's a combined attack. Lemme know how many of them hit, if any, and roll Toughness)

Crusher HP:1

Toughness Save: 1d20+8 → [12,8] = (20)

[Crusher has Def=6, so IIRC the Fireball and the Haymaker hit. Impervious Toughness 8, so anything less than that doesn't damage... At work, will check the book when I get home]
        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

(Crusher)

[GM's note: Yeah, anything less than your Impervious rank does no damage. However, their combined damage matches the rank.]

Toughness Save Results (DC 23): 20 (FAIL! Crusher has 1 Injury Mark)

As the energy blast whizzes past your head, the Fireball smacks you in the torso as the brute's sucker punch hits you in the side, leaving you with a hairline crack where the blow landed.

[The Party's Move]

Construction Yard 2.png

Comment

”So, they’re not friendly.” Crusher ruefully rubs the spot where he got hit.

”I guess that means we don’t have to be friendly either.”

Figuring that the thug nearest to him is going to be hardest for the other two to target, Crusher takes a mighty backhand swing.

”Payback time, wise guy.”

Initiative roll: 1d20 → [14] = (14) if needed.

Attack Roll: 1d20+8 → [19,8] = (27)

Comment

(Crusher)

[GM's note: What's the Damage Rank/Save Type? And Lethal or Non? ]

Comment

[Oops - Damage Type same as theirs on Crusher... so Lethal, physical. Damage rank would be STR bonus (30 STR = ? I don't have my book at work)]

Comment

(Crusher)

[Crusher has Attacked Grunt B! It hits!]

Toughness Save Results (DC 25): 16 (FAIL! Grunt B has been Slain!)

Your backhand hits the goon like a freight train, sending his shattered torso into a nearby wall, leaving his obviously shattered body in a heap.

[GM's note: Crossfire? Cyberpunk? You making moves? I'm not gonna do initiative for now... ]

Comment

Anyone else want some? Crusher roars. ”You'd be better advised to talk to us. I don't pull my punches too good.”

Did I just kill that guy? Oh heck....

[I'm using italics for internal thoughts, colour and " " for speech]

Comment

[How exactly do we attack again?]
                      "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                      -Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      I support the :
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                        [How exactly do we attack again?]
                        [GM's note: You say what you're going to attack with, get within range/line of sight, roll 1d20 + your attack Bonus.]

Comment

Cyberpunk moves to C18, pulls out his Cyber-Cannon and fires at the Enforcer!
                          Attack Roll-Blast 8/Ballistic Shot:1d20=19 + 8 = 27

[Did I do this right?]
                          Last edited by Irate Canadian; 09-10-2014, 10:53 PM.
                          -Unknown

I support the :
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                            Cyberpunk moves to C18, pulls out his Cyber-Cannon and fires at the Enforcer!
                            Attack Roll:1d20=19 + 8 = 27
                            [Did I do this right?]
                            [GM's note: Yep. Just remember to specify the rank of the attack you're using (in which case, it would be Blast 8, unless it's your Cryo-Shot... in which case it's Blast 5 with a FORT save), and add whether it's Lethal Damage or Non-Lethal.]
                            Last edited by Chaotic Void; 09-10-2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

[-Device 3 ("CyberCannon". Easy to Lose)
                              --Blast 8 ("Ballistic Round")
                              AP Blast 5 ("Cryoshot." FORT Save)
                              DC 23 Toughness for Martial Arts/Cyber Shot.

I think my attack would be non-lethal... I'm not sure because it's a ballistic round...]
                              -Unknown

I support the :
                              sigpic

Comment

[Lethal Damage, Blast 8]
                                -Unknown

I support the :
                                sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X