Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Aliens = angels & demons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnnyP View Post
    What if they wanted to experiment, as some unethical scientists may want to experiment breeding humans and apes?
    I assume that they wouldn't need to romance a woman and "get it on" to do so -- they can just show up and POOF! -- the woman is pregnant with some semi-human child.

Of course, I have doubts that an extradimensional being could actually hybridize with a carbon-based lifeform. More likely than not, any child they'd create with a human would be created soley from the woman's own DNA and wouldn't be a true hybrid.
    "When the Western world accepted Christianity, Caesar conquered; and the received text of Western theology was edited by his lawyers…. The brief Galilean vision of humility flickered throughout the ages, uncertainly…. But the deeper idolatry, of the fashioning of God in the image of the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman imperial rulers, was retained. The Church gave unto God the attributes which belonged exclusively to Caesar."

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment

Even assuming such a thing could happen (and that's a huge if), here's no such thing as "spiritual" genetic material. It's just the usual boring chromosomes and no neat superpowers.

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
        Even assuming such a thing could happen (and that's a huge if), here's no such thing as "spiritual" genetic material. It's just the usual boring chromosomes and no neat superpowers.
        Could spiritual beings mimic the incarnation of Jesus, human flesh/angelic spirits?

Comment

Well, it might be, that the so called extra terrestrial alien contacts may very well be the unclean familiar spirits of old.

With that in mind, the following scriptures come to mind:
          ". . . the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: . . . " -- Ephesians 2:2.
          ". . . the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: . . . " -- Revelation 12:9.
          ". . . Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. . . . " -- Romans 13:1.
          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Could spiritual beings mimic the incarnation of Jesus, human flesh/angelic spirits?
            Sure, but assuming they could procreate (and that's a huge question for me), the offspring would still be fully human and no more or less evil than the rest of us.

Comment

37818: I believe there's a demonic influence in at least some of those experiences, whether also real flesh beings, or deception that they are.

Manwë: Not demidemons?

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
                Sure, but assuming they could procreate (and that's a huge question for me), the offspring would still be fully human and no more or less evil than the rest of us.
                Two things here, I for one do not believe such "real" apperistions are physical. And if any where, I strongly doubt, such entities could co-mingle with man. (Matthew 22:30.)
                . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

I agree with Jude and 2 Peter about angels and the rest of your comments, but I think interpreting 1 Peter 3:19 as referring to angels is entirely off the wall coming from nowhere since it is sandwiched between concepts that deal entirely with human salvation.
                  Fair enough. Perhaps the Tektonics article has a typo, and intended to mention 2 Peter?

I was reading through some material today, and found this.

“The ‘medical examination’ to which abductees are said to be subjected, often accompanied by sadistic sexual manipulation, is reminiscient of the medieval tales of encounters with demons. It makes no sense in a sophisticated or technical framework: any intelligent being equipped with the scientific marvels that UFOs possess would be in a position to achieve any of these alleged scientific objectives in a shorter time and with fewer risks.”
                  - Dr. Jacques Vallee, Confrontations, p. 13

“A large part of the available UFO literature is closely linked with mysticism and the metaphysical. It deals with subjects like mental telepathy, automatic writing and invisible entities as well as phenomena like poltergeist [ghost] manifestation and ‘possession.’ Many of the UFO reports now being published in the popular press recount alleged incidents that are strikingly similar to demonic possession and psychic phenomena.”
                  - Lynn E. Catoe, UFOs and Related Subjects: USGPO, 1969; prepared under AFOSR Project Order 67-0002 and 68-0003

Source.

Having experienced demonic activity myself, I tend to think that there may be genuine cases of demonic deception going on here in the form of "alien visitors". Demons aren't stupid. I think that perhaps they are "playing to their audience". People today, at least in the public eye, are less likely to think of aliens as "spiritual beings"(as compared to technically advanced physical beings). I think this helps play into their deceptive methods.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    Having experienced demonic activity myself, I tend to think that there may be genuine cases of demonic deception going on here in the form of "alien visitors". Demons aren't stupid. I think that perhaps they are "playing to their audience". People today, at least in the public eye, are less likely to think of aliens as "spiritual beings"(as compared to technically advanced physical beings). I think this helps play into their deceptive methods.
                    I agree that's a strong possibility and the following may include something like that:

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Meantime I'm also interested to see how this plays out:

VISUALLY CONFIRMED: Enormous Craft Detected on Moon

Mystery Moon Object Spotted On Google Moon Has Everyone Baffled

Last edited by JohnnyP; 02-02-2014, 05:54 PM. Reason: add articles

Comment

We know there are 'aliens.' Angelic beings are not of this world but are interested in God's relationship with man . Angels apparently have their own languages (1 Cor. 13:1) and are ministering spirits Jesus said His kingdom was not of this world. There is scriptural evidence that heaven is actually a planet, (having streets, rivers, plants, mansions etc.) and the Bible describes different creatures that we know as Angelic beings. They differ from each other in many ways, and their physical descriptions vary.
                      Q. Could it be that heaven is the capitol of the universe and those beings are perhaps representatives of their home planets?
                      Demon's on the other hand are obviously disembodied spirits, since they go through dry places (Mat. 12:3) when outside of a body and seek a body to inhabit. Gap theorists largely believe that demons are the disembodied spirits of a pre-Adamite race of earthlings and are known as familiar spirits, (1 Samuel 28:3-19) assigned by a hierarchy of fallen angels, headed up by Lucifer, to one person after another since Adam.
                      Jesus commands angels and said that at His request, the Father would give him more than 12 legions of angels (Matt. 26:53). Demons on the other hand know that their ultimate fate will come at the hands of Jesus, but don't know when (Mark 5:7).

Comment

Questions for discussion: since angels could take human form such as with the destruction of Sodom, is it possible some could live as ETs in physical form flying UFOs with advanced technology, or living on other planets? When Satan and angels were cast from Heaven, could they have taken on a physical form? Conversely, could what some people think are flying ships actually spirit beings?

Related question, does the Bible and God's Plan in it have any room for aliens and beings not living on earth? Or are we it?

We can't know for certain because we can't for certain prove what these sightings are and how authentic they are. But if there is an alien encounter, disclosure, or some manifestation in the future that proves irrefutably to a great number of people (including what we look to as "authority" figures in our society) that they exist, we could conclude that they are demons. Based on the effect this would likely have on human consciousness around the world and would follow as a result, we might even conclude that this is the great deception discussed in the bible.

Comment

Questions for discussion: since angels could take human form such as with the destruction of Sodom, is it possible some could live as ETs in physical form flying UFOs with advanced technology, or living on other planets? When Satan and angels were cast from Heaven, could they have taken on a physical form? Conversely, could what some people think are flying ships actually spirit beings?

Related question, does the Bible and God's Plan in it have any room for aliens and beings not living on earth? Or are we it?

Hebrews said, "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."

Any stranger, whether it be alien, or mere man, should not influence us of what they are, but of the message they bring. I guess this is the basic point of Hebrews 13:2.
                          ...WISDOM giveth life to them that have it. (Ecclesiastes 7:12)
                          ...the ISLES shall wait for his law (Isaiah 42:4)
                          https://philippinesinprophecies.wordpress.com/

Comment

I thought that they were angels, but to my surprise
                            they climbed aboard their starship, and headed for the skies.
                            Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me.
                            Styx
                            :

Comment

As vast as the universe is,most think inside the box and assume that other lifeforms would be carbon based as on earth,thus being under the physical laws of science and nature as we find them here. I think there are elements to our universe that are outside of physics as we know it now. there are laws of physics that have yet to be understood. we are a primitive young race compared to other places. Just my belief.

Comment

Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: Zymologist

In future, please get permission before posting in this area. Thank you.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Zymologist; 04-18-2017, 09:12 AM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X