Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

"Scientific" tolerance (ha-ha) ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Scientific" tolerance (ha-ha) ...

I was leaving for the day when a friend sent me this 4-minute video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3Ay...Er3AVEcj4W8dfw

This is a presently on-going case and is just one of many hundreds of similar cases that have occurred. Note that the science that Armitage performed and published is beyond reproach and so these intellectual criminals can't and don't touch it. Instead, they focus their attack on the person's beliefs via bullying and the "legal" system. Heaven forbid that their own beliefs should be equally attacked.

Anyone with a few molecules of honesty in their body knows full well what is going on here - I've been talking about it for years here on TWeb (e.g., "EXPELLED"). But, sadly, the fact is that not even a "few molecules of honesty" are present in most folk. And it has been my experience that Evolutionists / Humanists / Atheists are the biggest perpetrators of this dishonesty. This is just another blatant example of this.

Stay tuned ... this case goes on ...

Jorge

Originally posted by Jorge View Post

This is a presently on-going case and is just one of many hundreds of similar cases that have occurred. Note that the science that Armitage performed and published is beyond reproach and so these intellectual criminals can't and don't touch it. Instead, they focus their attack on the person's beliefs via bullying and the "legal" system. Heaven forbid that their own beliefs should be equally attacked.

Anyone with a few molecules of honesty in their body knows full well what is going on here - I've been talking about it for years here on TWeb (e.g., "EXPELLED"). But, sadly, the fact is that not even a "few molecules of honesty" are present in most folk. And it has been my experience that Evolutionists / Humanists / Atheists are the biggest perpetrators of this dishonesty. This is just another blatant example of this.

Jorge
    You already stated a thread on Armitage's bogus "EXPELLED!" claims, remember? Armitage was a part-time employee who lost his job for misusing school resources, doing expensive tests on school equipment without permission. Like all good Fundies he has to scream religious persecution!!! to cover his own dishonesty and duplicity.

You clowns will never learn.
    Last edited by HMS_Beagle; 09-13-2014, 01:24 PM.

Comment

It's not surprising that Jorge can't remember where he supported an outlandish claim (but knows he did somewhere) when he can't remember posting the same topic twice within a month.

Oh, and it's a topic on which he was decimated.

Ye Blacke Knight returneth!

K54

Comment

Unsupported assertions as usual. No rebuttal necessary.

Roy
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Jorge
          This is your second thread on this topic and you are essentially repeating the exact same claims again. I guess you're hoping that everyone forgot how Armitage wasn't "expelled" for his what he said he discovered since he made essentially the same claims that Mary Schweitzer of North Carolina State University did when she announced that her team had recovered the remains of soft tissue-like structures from the femur of a T. rex back in 2005. She wasn't "expelled" (as some YECs shrilling proclaimed) despite being a conservative Christian -- in fact she has received a good deal of funding to continue her research.

Instead he got popped for what essentially amounted to misappropriation of funds. He was a mere part-time employee who doesn't get to do his own personal research using University facilities, supplies and personnel. What's more it appears that the quality of this research was poor at best.

And let us not forget that how in your first thread on this you were revealed to be a two-faced hypocrite who readily endorsed a double standard about such things. When I pointed out how YECs jump at the chance to kick out everyone who doesn't agree with their dogma whenever they gain control[1] (including in some instances their fellow YECs who aren't doctrinally pure enough!) you defended such actions.

Now, give me a reason for not just merging this thread with your earlier one.

1. Examples provided HERE as well as HERE

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            This is your second thread on this topic and you are essentially repeating the exact same claims again. I guess you're hoping that everyone forgot how Armitage wasn't "expelled" for his what he said he discovered since he made essentially the same claims that Mary Schweitzer of North Carolina State University did when she announced that her team had recovered the remains of soft tissue-like structures from the femur of a T. rex back in 2005. She wasn't "expelled" (as some YECs shrilling proclaimed) despite being a conservative Christian -- in fact she has received a good deal of funding to continue her research.

Instead he got popped for what essentially amounted to misappropriation of funds. He was a mere part-time employee who doesn't get to do his own personal research using University facilities, supplies and personnel. What's more it appears that the quality of this research was poor at best.

And let us not forget that how in your first thread on this you were revealed to be a two-faced hypocrite who readily endorsed a double standard about such things. When I pointed out how YECs jump at the chance to kick out everyone who doesn't agree with their dogma whenever they gain control[1] (including in some instances their fellow YECs who aren't doctrinally pure enough!) you defended such actions.

Now, give me a reason for not just merging this thread with your earlier one.

1. Examples provided HERE as well as HERE
            Given that I just received this video today - and it contains direct statements (a.k.a. declaratory evidence) by Armitage and his attorney - how you people can say that I've presented this before has got to be a new LOW in dishonesty even for you people.

You demand "evidence" and when recorded testimony of the victim is provided you simply slither under a different rock. Don't you people have any shame? I mean, DON'T YOU???

Go ahead and merge this thread with the other - it makes no difference to me.
            I managed to get this video out for others to see so that's good.

I do thank you (Beagle Boy, Santa Klaus also) for providing yet more hard
            proof of just how vanishingly tenuous your integrity is.

Jorge

Comment

Given that I just received this video today - and it contains direct statements (a.k.a. declaratory evidence) by Armitage and his attorney - how you people can say that I've presented this before has got to be a new LOW in dishonesty even for you people.
              Sorry coward but having Armitage repeat his lies on YouTube isn't evidence. If you have something substantial that shows he was fired simply for the contents of his "paper" and for no other reason then present or cluck off.

Comment

Same old record with a crack
                ;
                I remember when . . . I remember when . . . I remember when . . . I remember when, ah . . . I lost my mind

"I remember when, I remember
                I remember when I lost my mind
                There was something so pleasant about that place
                Even your emotions have an echo in so much space

And when you're out there without care
                Yeah, I was out of touch
                But it wasn't because I didn't know enough
                I just knew too much

Does that make me crazy?
                Does that make me crazy?
                Does that make me crazy?"
                - Pink
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                  Sorry coward but having Armitage repeat his lies on YouTube isn't evidence. If you have something substantial that shows he was fired simply for the contents of his "paper" and for no other reason then present or cluck off.
                  Keep in mind that making an assertion for some YECs is the same as offering corroboration. Repeating the same claim is equivalent to providing more substantiation.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You demand "evidence" and when recorded testimony of the victim is provided you simply slither under a different rock. Don't you people have any shame? I mean, DON'T YOU???

Go ahead and merge this thread with the other - it makes no difference to me.
                    I managed to get this video out for others to see so that's good.

I do thank you (Beagle Boy, Santa Klaus also) for providing yet more hard
                    proof of just how vanishingly tenuous your integrity is.

Jorge
                    You should have just added it to your previous thread. Just having him repeating his claim does not exactly qualify as anything new.

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                      Hardly surprising that you and your equally-moronic friend (R6) seem unaware that eye-witness testimony is considered to be very valuable evidence by the legal system. Now, if that testimony is discredited or shown to be perjury then that would be another matter. Until then it's considered to be 1st tier e-v-i-d-e-n-c-e.

But given that you people are totally clueless about everything
                      else, your reaction is quite unremarkable - in fact, it was anticipated.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Keep in mind that making an assertion for some YECs is the same as offering corroboration. Repeating the same claim is equivalent to providing more substantiation.
                        And caps-lock on is proving it.

Comment

Hardly surprising that you and your equally-moronic friend (R6) seem unaware that eye-witness testimony is considered to be very valuable evidence by the legal system. Now, if that testimony is discredited or shown to be perjury then that would be another matter. Until then it's considered to be 1st tier e-v-i-d-e-n-c-e.

But given that you people are totally clueless about everything
                          else, your reaction is quite unremarkable - in fact, it was anticipated.

Jorge
                          Eyewitness testimony is extremely unreliable. Lawyers love 'em because juries do too. But when you are looking for truth eyewitnesses are way below several other forms.

This is getting formalized. In New Jersey judges must caution juries about the unreliability of eyewitnesses http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/20/ny...lity.html?_r=0, and other cases are being heard in other states. The scientific assessment, of which Jorge is totally unaware, is unanimous.

Comment

Originally posted by JonF View Post
                            Eyewitness testimony is extremely unreliable. Lawyers love 'em because juries do too. But when you are looking for truth eyewitnesses are way below several other forms.

This is getting formalized. In New Jersey judges must caution juries about the unreliability of eyewitnesses http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/20/ny...lity.html?_r=0, and other cases are being heard in other states. The scientific assessment, of which Jorge is totally unaware, is unanimous.
                            Try letting go of your rabid prejudice (against me) and become informed, okay?

Yes, eye-witness testimony MAY be unreliable - but that is true of most other types of evidence. For example, if the eye-witness was drunk at the time or has a history of perjury or has poor eyesight and wasn't wearing glasses at the time ... then his/her testimony may be 'questionable'. But under 'proper' circumstances one solid eye-witness will trump any other type of evidence.

BTW, there was an Eye-Witness at the creation - His name is God. He is infinitely reliable and trustworthy. Yet people dismiss His account - recorded in Scripture - so as to uphold their own theories and imaginations. That's just one of the reasons why there's a Hell.

Jorge

Comment

Try letting go of your rabid prejudice (against me) and become informed, okay?

Yes, eye-witness testimony MAY be unreliable - but that is true of most other types of evidence. For example, if the eye-witness was drunk at the time or has a history of perjury or has poor eyesight and wasn't wearing glasses at the time ... then his/her testimony may be 'questionable'. But under 'proper' circumstances one solid eye-witness will trump any other type of evidence.

BTW, there was an Eye-Witness at the creation - His name is God. He is infinitely reliable and trustworthy. Yet people dismiss His account - recorded in Scripture - so as to uphold their own theories and imaginations. That's just one of the reasons why there's a Hell.

Jorge
                              The God as "Eye Witness" at Creation argument is puerile, circular propaganda.

Even if you consider inspiration to men writing the creation stories "eye witness", you still have the HUGE issue of the PURPOSE of the creation stories.

ASSUMING that the stories are supposed to give a view of creation that is accurate in terms of what can be observed and then using that assumption to dismiss science is clear-as-a-bell petito principii.

Were the creation stories meant to convey a scientific method concordant with knowledge of the Cosmos throughout all of human history and culture? Or was the language accommodated to knowledge of the ANE, or was it simply phenomenological, or ...

If you want them to be concordant with CLEAR observations of CREATION ITSELF you CANNOT put your brain on a shelf and IGNORE the volumes of CONSILIENT data which contradict (wildly!!!) the Jorgian YEC interpretation. And that's EXACTLY what your Genesis reading is -- an INTERPRETATION.

If you want BOTH a scientific and a theological notion of creation to be non-contradictory you have to look at both "books" of creation -- scripture and nature (creation itself!) The latter is studied by scientific method, and the conclusions blow YEC out of the water.

Stop mocking God with your YEC foolishness that makes a mockery of religious belief, get over your cult-like adherence to stories that are OBVIOUSLY not literal in the modern sense, and get over you silly misapplication of the "Though He slay me, yet I will trust Him" martyr syndrome.

K54

P.S. Boys and girls -- note the reference to Hell in the context of Jorge's Genesis interpretation.

Jor makes it clear he views YEC as a salvific issue, or at least an instance of heresy.
                              Last edited by klaus54; 09-18-2014, 06:45 AM. Reason: p.s.

Comment