Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Will You Go on Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

And more evidence that you're just an atheist version of Jorge is presented.
    And you present more evidence that you have no sense of humor at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
      The Egyptian pharaohs were entombed in massive custom-built constructions. Jesus wasn't.

Will you admit that if a skeleton with damaged hands was found near an inscription stating that the body was that of Joshua ben Josef or similar, you would reject the bible? How about if there was a nearby skeleton marked Josef or James, and DNA tests showed they were related? That's effectively all we've got for the pharaohs.

Roy
      you're still complaining of the task?

the Body, if Jesus didn't ascend into Heaven, would be most likely confined to the tiny area of Earth that was called Judea.

Its not like looking for A POPULATION (votever dot mins) of rabbits in an area the size of the planet, from an era that is supposed to have covered 7/8ths to 90% of Earth history depending on which source, much of which has been destroyed by 540 million years of erosion.

and I'm not complaining, I even posted this thread to see who accepts Haldane's terms,
      ....AND accepted the added qualifiers
      To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

• Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
        you're still complaining of the task?
        Not complaining at all. Just trying to get you to state what evidence would get you to reconsider your own worldview.

the Body, if Jesus didn't ascend into Heaven, would be most likely confined to the tiny area of Earth that was called Judea.
        Ok, so you will not state that if a skeleton with damaged hands was found near an inscription stating that the body was that of Joshua ben Josef or similar, you would reconsider the bible's truth.

What more would be required?

Roy
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Not complaining at all. Just trying to get you to state what evidence would get you to reconsider your own worldview.

Ok, so you will not state that if a skeleton with damaged hands was found near an inscription stating that the body was that of Joshua ben Josef or similar, you would reconsider the bible's truth.

Roy
          A compelling argument of course.
          Just like every other jury.

Just like the Paluxy footprints.
          If the argument had been compelling enough for you, wouldn't you believe dinosaurs and man coexisted
          To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

• Originally posted by phank View Post
            And you present more evidence that you have no sense of humor at all.
            Oh I do. When I read your comment about Richard Carrier being a great scholar; I laughed for quite a while at that obvious funny comment or where you being serious when you said that?
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally Posted by Jorge
              I'm having a hellish time deciding which of the above two dim-witted
              Dodo's is the most dishonest. Is it Terror or Roy? Very hard to say.

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              More unintended irony I see. You do a great job of making yourself look dim-witted and dishonest all by yourself. Such a good job you do that even many of your fellow YEC's hold you at arms length and don't want to be associated with you. Why do you suppose that is? You might want to deal with that projection problem of yours before you start trying to correct others, ok?

Yeah ... right ... whatever.

I did arrive at a decision: Terror and Roy should be equally ranked.
              That decision is the one that best correlates with reality.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                Yeah ... right ... whatever.

I did arrive at a decision: Terror and Roy should be equally ranked.
                That decision is the one that best correlates with reality.

Jorge
                Jorge and JR should be equally ranked. That decision is the one that best correlates with reality.

It looks like JR is at least making an effort with her Coneys in the Cambrian challenge. At least she understands the issues -- not very well, but...

Jorge not so much.

"What's good for the goose is good for the gander."

K54

Comment

Unclear, please elaborate.

If the argument had been compelling enough for you, wouldn't you believe dinosaurs and man coexisted
                  The Paluxy foot prints have been documented as dinosaur tracks. Underneath the apparent surface print is the distinctive dinosaur print below where the wet soil slumped in. What is your point here???
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

The Paluxy prints were debunked by, among others, YECs who the Institute for Creation Research (ICR) asked to investigate. Of course that hasn't stopped them or other YEC organizations from still selling material claiming that they are indeed real human footprints. It is, after all, about the money.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                      Jorge and JR should be equally ranked. That decision is the one that best correlates with reality.

It looks like JR is at least making an effort with her Coneys in the Cambrian challenge. At least she understands the issues -- not very well, but...

Jorge not so much.

"What's good for the goose is good for the gander."

K54
                      As usual I see that you are "original".

HINT: that stuff inside your skull (errr... assuming you've got one)
                      may be used to originate/create ORIGINAL thoughts and, that way,
                      you don't have to steal the material of other people.

Try it, Santa Klaus ... it won't hurt.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        The Paluxy prints were debunked by, among others, YECs who the Institute for Creation Research (ICR) asked to investigate. Of course that hasn't stopped them or other YEC organizations from still selling material claiming that they are indeed real human footprints. It is, after all, about the money.

Get your brand new Irony Meters on Mars or Pluto.
                        Nope, you can't get any on planet Earth. Why?
                        Because R06's post (above) BUSTED every one!!!

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post

Get your brand new Irony Meters on Mars or Pluto.
                          Nope, you can't get any on planet Earth. Why?
                          Because R06's post (above) BUSTED every one!!!

Jorge
                          I'm just thinking of the split of AnswersinGenesis (AiG) a few years ago. Those opposed to Ken Ham seemed concerned with how, since he took control, he turned the organization away from being a mission and into a fund-raising venture (which his cronies were being well compensated as a result).

All about the money.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The argument is that a skeleton with damaged hands under an inscription stating it is the remains of Jesus is actually Jesus.

Why isn't that compelling? How much more evidence would be needed to make it compelling?

The problem with the Paluxy footprints wasn't that the argument was uncompelling - though it was - but that the evidence was uncompelling.

But that's just a distraction. You still have not gone on record stating what evidence would cause to to doubt the truth of the Bible. It is becoming obvious that no amount of evidence would ever sway you.

Roy
                            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I'm just thinking of the split of AnswersinGenesis (AiG) a few years ago. Those opposed to Ken Ham seemed concerned with how, since he took control, he turned the organization away from being a mission and into a fund-raising venture (which his cronies were being well compensated as a result).

All about the money.
                              Not "ALL" about the money - that's the part that I'm objecting to. If it were "ALL" then AiG would have suffered a quick death long ago. But I do agree that it became too much -- at least in appearance -- about money and "things". Not to my liking.

That said, I'll take a thousand Ken Hams or two thousand Kent Hovinds over ONE Kenneth Miller, Francis Collins, O-Mudd or - dare I say it? - you. No one of us is perfect but the ideological faults of Ham/Hovind don't even register on the radar when compared to the ideological faults of rabidly-militant Theistic Evolutionists.

Speaking of Hovind, he will be out in about one year His sentence was one of the greatest acts of injustice by a corrupt system that I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing. Many will be paying dearly for that act, if not in this life then in the afterlife.

Jorge

Comment

The argument is that a skeleton with damaged hands under an inscription stating it is the remains of Jesus is actually Jesus.

Why isn't that compelling? How much more evidence would be needed to make it compelling?

The problem with the Paluxy footprints wasn't that the argument was uncompelling - though it was - but that the evidence was uncompelling.

But that's just a distraction. You still have not gone on record stating what evidence would cause to to doubt the truth of the Bible. It is becoming obvious that no amount of evidence would ever sway you.

Roy
                                Your side didn't roll over the minute somebody claimed human footprints with dinosaurs.

Yet you expect my side to accept a claim without question. .

sorry, but I don't trust the people on your side any more than you trust the people on my side.

Comment