Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

My Cat Tidbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Cat Tidbit

She has dreadful sinus issues and is showing her seventeen years. It's normal for her to become dehydrated but this morning I found her barely responsive. I honestly thought this was it but I had to try so I gave her fluids (she could swallow). After about a half hour she showed definite improvement and was responsive and able to lift her head by the time I left for church (by which time her tummy couldn't hold more liquid!).

She had moved only slightly from where I left her when I got home. More fluids (yay, pedialite!) which she began to reject and some vitamin stuff I use for ailing cats. That she really responded to so I tried feeding her - she was chowing down and on her feet when I left for lunch.

She took her time finishing - more than an hour after I returned but she ate a normal amount. More fluids (milk and pedialite) which she didn't want (not surprising considering how bloated she gets after eating). I gave her more vitamin stuff and fluids over the afternoon. She did a little walking around - when she thought she needed to potty - but otherwise is a lump (pretty normal for her).

Anyway, I have to be gone most of the evening. I expect her to be fine - she wasn't nearly as dehydrated as she normally is - but still... And then there's work tomorrow...

Whatever happens, I'm glad God gave me a little more time with her. Most of you have seen her pic from when she was young. She's still sweet (unless being bathed or given water she doesn't want) and a heck of a fighter - few people would be as cheery as she is if they had half her sinus issues!

Thanks, everyone!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

I was very concerned about one of my cats last week, so I empathize with you.

Comment

Thanks, LS and KD.

She was okay last night and finished most of her dinner (normal for her). I gave her liquids and breakfast this morning before leaving but she hadn't finished her food this afternoon (odd, she sure seemed intent on eating when I gave it to her). She seemed a little weaker but she had goo on her paws (sinus') and I'd just washed it off so I'm not sure if she was weak and having trouble walking or it was just too slippery. I gave her more fluids, some vitamin stuff and laid her on her towel on the couch.

If she doesn't improve I'll run her to the vet.

But, she is still very much alive and kicking for now!
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Comment

Tidbit died sometime yesterday evening. She was by the couch when I got home. It looked like she'd left it for some reason and was coming back - or perhaps she fell off that way. She was seventeen years old.

She slept with me night before last, something she hadn't been doing often in recent months. I had some quiet time with her I probably wouldn't have had she not been ill. She really didn't seem that sick, even eating that morning. I think God just gave us enough time for good-bye and I'm grateful for that.

It really hit this morning when she wasn't waiting for me in the bathroom (it's the only room I can isolate for special feedings). I've had her almost all of her seventeen years and it feels strange that she isn't here. The marks on my hand where she bit me a few weeks ago (baths are bad things sometimes) are gone now. Just a few pictures and a hole where she used to be remain.

Tidbit was a good cat. Only in later years, after much medication, did she get feisty about bathing and meds but even then, it wasn't often. She was slim before her sinus issues then she became the only fat cat I ever had. The last couple years she had lost that and she weighed only a fraction of what she should have but she ate like a horse. She really did well up until the very last day or so - I'm glad for that.

I miss her. She was a pain to care for (sinus' do bad things when your nose runs and you have fur) but I didn't mind - she was my girl, after all.

Thanks everyone...

Last edited by Teallaura; 09-16-2014, 12:22 PM.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Comment

So sorry, Teallaura.

Comment

Thanks, everyone.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        Thanks, everyone.
                        Well you are family, kid.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Thanks...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The name lives on in my sister's cat, who is clearly related to her first foundling Tiny (now a 3-year old Maine Coon). Tidbit got abandoned at 4 weeks by mom in my sister's window well. He's about a year old now, and is already Tiny's size (though not as filled out, obviously).
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Thanks.

My Tidbit was tiny when I first found her - hence the name. I'd often tell her she was just a 'tidbit of kitty'. She seemed to appreciate it - although that might have been the ear scratching that accompanied it...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment