Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Favorite TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    The only current show that I watch is River Monsters.
    Which is only slightly less boring than golf....

Sorry, could resist...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Which is only slightly less boring than golf....

Sorry, could resist...
      I never thought in a million years I would enjoy a fishing show. But I watched it once to humor my wife and found the storytelling aspects to be compelling.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Archer
        Aqua Teen Hunger Force
        Archer
        Bob's Burgers
        Sons of Anarchy
        Dan Vs.
        Rick and Morty
        Star Trek (All of them, but especially the original)
        Breaking Bad
        My Name is Earl

I don't watch a lot of current TV, so I don't have a lot of favorite ongoing shows.
        Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

I enjoy(ed) Sherlock, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Futurama, Monk, South Park, The Simpsons, and grudgingly admit to guiltily enjoying cooking-based shows like MasterChef. I have weird tastes, I know.
          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            Futurama is good, but I feel like after the first few seasons it started going downhill. I'm in the resurrected season (7?) and it's ok, but not as good as the early stuff.
            Yeah, there's some real gems in the later seasons, but among the gems are the turds. Of course, YMMV on which episodes are Gems/Turds, but it's overall still a solid series and I'd consider it a modern classic (if that term wasn't abused like a rented mule).
            Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              The only current show that I watch is River Monsters.
              Just beware a certain episode with really creepy catfish.

As for me, Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Dr. Who, Ben 10(they cancelled Omniverse, what are they thinking at CN? ), Code Lyoko(haven't gotten to watch Evolution though), Threshold, most Star Trek except Deep Space 9(just couldn't get into it, that and the Animated Series), The Zeta Project, Batman Beyond, Batman the Animated Series, Spider-Man the Animated Series, Beast Wars, Psych, Monk, Frasier, Reba(I didn't think it would be good, I was surprised on that one), and Regular Show can be hit or miss.

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                I enjoy(ed) Sherlock, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Futurama, Monk, South Park, The Simpsons, and grudgingly admit to guiltily enjoying cooking-based shows like MasterChef. I have weird tastes, I know.
                I generally hate reality tv, but I find Cutthroat Kitchen strangely compelling.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                  I like Master Chef and Hell's Kitchen and Amazing Race, too. Those are about the only reality shows I like, and I am more committed to the 2 former than the latter. I missed the entire last season of Race.

Edit to add that I am also horribly addicted to shows with judges in them.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I just recently started watching Raising Hope. It's made by the same guy who created My Name is Earl (and even has some of the same recurring actors, with a brief nod to the end of My Name is Earl in the Pilot). It has that same charm that got me interested in My Name is Earl, so if you're a fan of that show I recommend you take a gander at this one.
                    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Oh yeah, the Disney cartoons in my previous post are now available fairly cheap on DVD now. Darkwing Duck, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales, and even Tail Spin are all available for around $9.99 a volume(at Target they were on sale for $8.99). I only have volumes of the first two mentioned, but it's still awesome.

Comment

This is a cool thread. Anyway, here are my favorite shows:

Doctor Who
                        Grimm
                        House of Cards
                        Walking Dead
                        Hemlock Grove
                        Breaking Bad
                        Dexter
                        LOST
                        Farscape
                        "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                        -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                          Oh yeah, the Disney cartoons in my previous post are now available fairly cheap on DVD now. Darkwing Duck, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales, and even Tail Spin are all available for around $9.99 a volume(at Target they were on sale for $8.99). I only have volumes of the first two mentioned, but it's still awesome.
                          Let's get dangerous.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I found old Drak Pack episodes online. And Jot!

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I agree with TSN, cool thread!

I like (in no particular order)

Doctor Who
                              Elementary (and the BBC version Sherlock)
                              Person Of Interest
                              Bones
                              Scorpion (new)
                              NCIS (all of them)
                              The Big Bang Theory
                              Castle
                              American Football (NFL)
                              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

The Simpsons (Seasons 1-9)

The Twilight Zone (1959 series)

Twin Peaks

The X-Files
                                "When the Western world accepted Christianity, Caesar conquered; and the received text of Western theology was edited by his lawyers…. The brief Galilean vision of humility flickered throughout the ages, uncertainly…. But the deeper idolatry, of the fashioning of God in the image of the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman imperial rulers, was retained. The Church gave unto God the attributes which belonged exclusively to Caesar."

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X