Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Feminist list of demands in chart form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well someone is taking the analogy too far and I don't think it is AP.

Comment

He is clearly trolling. His entire argument is inconsistent, intentionally inconsistent.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Well someone is taking the analogy too far and I don't think it is AP.
        In AP's case there is no analogy at all, which is my main point.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          He is clearly trolling. His entire argument is inconsistent, intentionally inconsistent.
          Can you answer the question I asked earlier please?
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

So the Bible says to walk as Jesus walked....

Does that mean if we're not planning to sacrifice ourselves for the sins of the world we're not walking as Jesus walked?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              Can you answer the question I asked earlier please?
              Repeat the question.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                Repeat the question.
                Why do you think this article is trash and has nothing to do with the bible?

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                  So the Bible says to walk as Jesus walked....

Does that mean if we're not planning to sacrifice ourselves for the sins of the world we're not walking as Jesus walked?
                  No. But the Bible never said we should sacrifice ourselves for the sins of the world. It also never said a husband should give himself up so the wife can be holy.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    Why do you think this article is trash and has nothing to do with the bible?
                    Second part first: "Again, this isn’t the biblical model." The article is far too cutesy for my taste. While I agree that the "celibate" marriage is not in any was scriptural, and I agree that romantic love is not only not superior to sex within marriage, the whole question is handled in a foolish hamfisted manner. That will have to do, I don't intend to do a review of the article.

Comment

As I think about your question I think I was missing your take. By not being Biblical I simply meant that the article was only vaguely based on the Bible. I apologize for my misunderstanding. I still think the article was "ham fisted."

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X