Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

What kind of frat is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of frat is this?

There's no hazing, no parties, no pranks-- we don't even have any Greek letters over the door!

Gentlemen, we can do better. Elect me President and I'll make this a fraternity like none you've ever seen before!

... no, I'm not just trying to relive my college years
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

I suggest we avoid "Kappa Kappa Kappa".
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      With certain members of this crowd, that name might actually get some support.

Can someone who's actually taken Greek suggest a name?

Otherwise, I'm gonna suggest Epsilon Nu Tau. And then we get a frat house with a really big old tree nearby.
      Last edited by Spartacus; 09-21-2014, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Alpha Beta Pi, because who doesn't like pie?
        Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Lambda Lambda Lambda?
          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Lambda omicron lambda

Comment

How bout "a cuppa cuppa cuppa cuppa cup", as in JAVA?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                How bout "a cuppa cuppa cuppa cuppa cup", as in JAVA?
                Um, no.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What do you have against weird Japanese water spirits?

Kappa, kappa and kappa

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Iota Eta Sigma, of course, IHΣ, first three letters of Jesus' name

Some might prefer to understand this as Latin, IHS, for the Constantinian In hoc signo ... but this mistake cannot be made in Greek.
                    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                      There's no hazing, no parties, no pranks-- we don't even have any Greek letters over the door!

Gentlemen, we can do better. Elect me President and I'll make this a fraternity like none you've ever seen before!

... no, I'm not just trying to relive my college years
                      Especially since your college did not even allow fraternities! We need someone who has real fraternity experience.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                        Especially since your college did not even allow fraternities! We need someone who has real fraternity experience.
                        I saw the movie Animal House when it first came out

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          OK, you seem to have the requisite experience.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Animal House was a movie about YOUR LIFE!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Animal House was a movie about YOUR LIFE!
                              Only the first half.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X