Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Rum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rum

Recently I've gotten into rum because it's quite delicious. I've only tried a few brands and would like to branch out more. So far I've only tried Captain Morgan, Bacardi (can't remember which one since it was a long while ago), and Kraken. My favorite thus far is Kraken but after doing some research I've found that the ones I've tried are typically party rums that are spiced. After reading more on the subject in now curious about non spiced rum.

So, those of you who drink rum, what are your favorite brands?

Oh, i forgot to mention that i tried white rum straight. Yeah, that was incredibly silly and I'm never doing that again.
    "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
    -Marcus Aurelius

I'm not too familiar with rum but I'm willing to give it a shot.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

In the words of Jack Sparrow;

"Rum's good!" - nuff said.

Have you developed any preference toward golden or silver rums? (I cant recall the English terminology atm).
      Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
      As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

I like rum, though my experience with it is pretty limited. I've Captain Morgan's, Kraken, and some cheap brand whose name I can't remember. I seem to like silver spiced rum the most, from what I've tried; it basically tastes like vanilla ice cream.

I'm interested to see what others say, though. I'd like to try more rum.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I'm not too familiar with rum but I'm willing to give it a shot.
          I just realized... no pun intended.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            I just realized... no pun intended.
            I thought you meant it that way. Either way, kudos.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
              Recently I've gotten into rum because it's quite delicious. I've only tried a few brands and would like to branch out more. So far I've only tried Captain Morgan, Bacardi (can't remember which one since it was a long while ago), and Kraken. My favorite thus far is Kraken but after doing some research I've found that the ones I've tried are typically party rums that are spiced. After reading more on the subject in now curious about non spiced rum.

So, those of you who drink rum, what are your favorite brands?

Oh, i forgot to mention that i tried white rum straight. Yeah, that was incredibly silly and I'm never doing that again.
              My current favorite is a Bacardi brand "Oak Heart". Very VERY smooth. I think its a spiced rum as well though. It can be sipped straight or on the rocks with no problems. It's really good! I'm not a big drinker by any stretch, but this is my drink of choice over everything right now..

I have also had Appleton Reserve, it's also pretty good, and not spiced
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I can't say that I'm much of a fan. But then, I haven't really tried all that many kinds of rum. I tend to drink more bourbon than anything. Captain Morgan's not bad, but it's a little too sweet for me.

I'm interested about the Bacardi Oak Heart, though. Thanks for the suggestion, Littlejoe.
                "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

I've heard good things about Bacardi Oak Heart and Appleton. I'll probably pick up the Appleton next time I'm at the liquor store.
                  "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                  -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Oh by the way.... Rum

The_Pirates_carrying_rum_on_shore_to_purchase_slaves.jpg

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Oh, and one more thing.... Pirate responsibly!

In other words.... KEEPAWAY FROM MY RUM AND TOCINO!!!

PS_0583W_RUM_PIRATE.jpg

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X