Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Finding a more loving way to end abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a more loving way to end abortion

So I know I might sound controversial here, but, I am wondering if the churches methods on ending abortion should shift from trying to overturn RvW to giving actual help to the people who need it. The way I see it churches should give single mothers help with child care/cost of living in order to eliminate the need to abort. The problem with adoption is that there are a lot of children available for adoption but not a lot of people willing to adopt them... so why do we not encourage adoption in our churches more and lead by example. I also believe that we should focus on helping single mothers get the education they need to raise their kids. The fact of the matter is women have been getting abortions since the beginning of time, and the only way to stop it is to give them the help they need without shaming them for having sex before they were married.

Regarding the legal side of it, I will always vote to make abortions more difficult to achieve and push for RVW to be overturned, but I will not shame women who have been through abortions or try to guilt them out of it. I think we need a new stance that will make it possible for women to take care of their children

I am still very pro-life, but you wont find me protesting abortion clinics, you will find me instead volunteering to help women get an education and affordable childcare.

Originally posted by Ladybug823 View Post
    So I know I might sound controversial here, but, I am wondering if the churches methods on ending abortion should shift from trying to overturn RvW to giving actual help to the people who need it. The way I see it churches should give single mothers help with child care/cost of living in order to eliminate the need to abort.
    The best crisis pregnancy centers already do this.

The problem with adoption is that there are a lot of children available for adoption but not a lot of people willing to adopt them... so why do we not encourage adoption in our churches more and lead by example.
    Actually, there are more people waiting to adopt infants than there are infants waiting to be adopted (foster care is a different story entirely)

I also believe that we should focus on helping single mothers get the education they need to raise their kids. The fact of the matter is women have been getting abortions since the beginning of time, and the only way to stop it is to give them the help they need without shaming them for having sex before they were married.

Regarding the legal side of it, I will always vote to make abortions more difficult to achieve and push for RVW to be overturned, but I will not shame women who have been through abortions or try to guilt them out of it. I think we need a new stance that will make it possible for women to take care of their children

I am still very pro-life, but you wont find me protesting abortion clinics, you will find me instead volunteering to help women get an education and affordable childcare.
    Are you familiar with any crisis pregnancy centers?
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Just so we're clear, I think you're entirely right that pro-lifers need to adopt a more comprehensive approach. I just want to make sure you know you're not the first person to recognize this and act on it.

Comment

So I know I might sound controversial here, but, I am wondering if the churches methods on ending abortion should shift from trying to overturn RvW to giving actual help to the people who need it.
        A lot of us are doing exactly that. We have a local "pregnancy center" that provides ALL KINDS of services to women who are (or were) considering abortions. Including childcare, free natal care by board certified doctors, help with expenses for formula and diapers and stuff... and fellowship.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...I will not shame women who have been through abortions or try to guilt them out of it. I think we need a new stance that will make it possible for women to take care of their children
          Can you give some examples where any of us are "guilting" women out of abortions? I don't think it's "new" at ALL for Christians to help women in crisis take care of their children, as I mentioned in my previous post... Perhaps you're overlooking the very SEPARATE actions of demonstrations at ABORTION clinics and the loving and nurturing actions at PREGNANCY or CRISIS centers?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

. . . but I will not shame women who have been through abortions or try to guilt them out of it.
            Women who have had an abortion are for the most part already ashamed enough. I disagree with your second step however - anything that saves a babies life, including guilt, is good.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

So I know I might sound controversial here, but, I am wondering if the churches methods on ending abortion should shift from trying to overturn RvW to giving actual help to the people who need it. The way I see it churches should give single mothers help with child care/cost of living in order to eliminate the need to abort. The problem with adoption is that there are a lot of children available for adoption but not a lot of people willing to adopt them... so why do we not encourage adoption in our churches more and lead by example. I also believe that we should focus on helping single mothers get the education they need to raise their kids. The fact of the matter is women have been getting abortions since the beginning of time, and the only way to stop it is to give them the help they need without shaming them for having sex before they were married.

I believe Roe v. Wade should be overturned if for nothing else than it violates the 10th amendment. The ultimate decision came down to a right to privacy and nowhere in the constitution or the bill of rights is the federal government given any power to rule on privacy issues thus making the SCOTUS an improper venue. It is an issue that should have been turned over to each state to decide upon.

Comment

Originally posted by That Geek 5410 View Post
                I believe Roe v. Wade should be overturned if for nothing else than it violates the 10th amendment. The ultimate decision came down to a right to privacy and nowhere in the constitution or the bill of rights is the federal government given any power to rule on privacy issues thus making the SCOTUS an improper venue. It is an issue that should have been turned over to each state to decide upon.
                14th amendment incorporation, yo.

... so many unintended consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                  14th amendment incorporation, yo.

... so many unintended consequences.
                  Even though it was adopted in 1868 with the intention to address slavery primarily.

Comment

This is coming awfully close to debate. Time to move on.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

While pro-choice in practice, I am very pro-life in ideals. I support what you are doing here. Let us work together and make abortions as rare as possible while not directly passing laws against it. It has been my experience that banning something just makes it show up in the black market.

Comment

Originally posted by __ View Post
                        While pro-choice in practice, I am very pro-life in ideals. I support what you are doing here. Let us work together and make abortions as rare as possible while not directly passing laws against it. It has been my experience that banning something just makes it show up in the black market.
                        Using that logic, we shouldn't have any laws against murder, beating your spouse, stealing, etc. After all, criminals will still do it.

Comment

Originally posted by __ View Post
                          This is not a debate area.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            This is not a debate area.
                            I don't think that was posted with the intent to debate, but I could be wrong.

Comment

But it is quickly becoming one and if it goes on needs to be moved.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X