Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Finding a more loving way to end abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Using that logic, we shouldn't have any laws against murder, beating your spouse, stealing, etc. After all, criminals will still do it.
    Do not get me wrong. I find partial-birth abortion (the act of killing a newborn baby who is still attached to its mother by an umbilical cord) to be deplorable and murderous act, and I dislike other forms of abortion to a somewhat lesser, though still considerable extent. All I am saying is, with the exception of partial-birth abortion (which we should fight), anti-abortion laws would be a logistical nightmare to enforce. Also, it is becoming more and more obvious we will not sway the majority to a more pro-life position. That is why I switched strategies, attacking the root causes of abortion rather than the act itself. Perhaps we can at least make it less common. In general, the further along the pregnancy is, the worse it is. Partial-birth abortion is senseless, and no more than state-sanctioned murder.

Comment

most of us feel that ANY abortion, at any stage of life, is state-sanctioned murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        most of us feel that ANY abortion, at any stage of life, is state-sanctioned murder.
        Regardless, we cannot win the majority over under current circumstances, so we must take a more pragmatic path to lessening abortions. I do not even like abortions in the case of genetic defect (though, I could understand if the child was missing a head or something.) If the mother would die if she kept the child, fine, she can have one to preserve her life. For those mothers who cannot afford the baby, we should either have a state fund to pay for the first couple pregnancies plus child are afterwards and/or heavily push adoption. The point is, we cannot fight it directly. We need to target WHY the abortions occur in the first place. While abstinence always works when followed, we need to accept the reality that it is not followed in many places around the world. I call for full sex education, including information on condoms and contraceptives, and more regulations surrounding abortion clinics. I call for full marriage equality and widescale adoption by same-sex couples. We need to improve our education systems and uplift the poor, even as we reform welfare to make sure it goes to those who really need it. We need to pull out all the stops if we are going to stop late stage abortion. Earlier stage is a bridge we will cross when we get to it. For now, though, we must fight for the right of every child to life, even if it means we cannot save everybody.

It is our only valid card left.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X