Announcement

Collapse

World History 201 Guidelines

Welcome to World History 201.

Find out if Caesar crossed the Rubicon or threw a dollar across it.

This is the forum where world history, in general, can be discussed. Since the WH201, like the other fora in the World History department, is not limited to participation along lines of theology, all may post here.

Please keep the Campus Decorum in mind when posting here--while 'belief' restrictions are not in place, common decency is.

The Tweb rules are in force . . . we're watching you.
Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What ancient peoples are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    New Amen Button
    Please, already!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I am a Hittite. Because that sounds cool. Yeah.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I am the good Sumerian.
        βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
        ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

I win.

Comment

11th Century Welsh-Saxon. Mom traveled a lot.

*Yes, it's an SCA thing.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

My Scandinavian heritage means I'm a Viking. I'm officially pillaging this thread for any and all of the bacon.

Give me your bacon. Now!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                I win.
                By Jed's Law I mentioned bacon first therefore I automatically win the thread.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If you all want to get fussy about heritage, I will tell you that I am Scots, Irish, English and Welsh.

My sister is into ancestry. There has always been a story in my family that we are related to King Edward III through his son John of Gaunt, brother of Edward the Black Prince. Yes, that guy in A Knight's Tale.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...e-of-Lancaster

My sister recently, like this year, found the connection. I haven't seen all the information, but she has it all documented.

We are apparently descended from John's third marriage to Catherine Swynford, with whom he had a scandalous affair shortly after her husband died in 1372. And when John's second wife Constance died Catherine and John were married.

They had 4 children, all born before the marriage, and were declared legitimate in 1397, and took the name of Beaufort from one of their father's castles in Anjou.

http://www.nndb.com/people/826/000094544/

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I'm primarily Scottish and French. So I'm a Celt. -confetti-

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Celtic.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I'm Valarian.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          Why doesn't it count?
                          Because universal hegemony is a bore... As Syndrome of the Incredibles movies said; "When everyone is super, no one will be...."

And why in the world would you believe anything Nicky has to say over what I tell you?
                          Kicks and giggles?

Holy frijoles!!

EDIT: There ya go Mossy! Now that was fun now wasn't it? To reveal your heritage hailing from Brittania? ^^
                          Last edited by Andius; 09-26-2014, 11:27 PM.
                          Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
                          As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Those were not reparations; we were just shoring up our spiritual and religious support.
                            Well, it was still giving a hand of sorts to the Latin-Italian folk in the area (Especially in paving the way for true Italian kings to start creating their dominions). ^^ Them intrusive Lombard kings had to go ASAP.

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by Andius View Post
                              Well, it was still giving a hand of sorts to the Latin-Italian folk in the area (Especially in paving the way for true Italian kings to start creating their dominions). ^^ Them intrusive Lombard kings had to go ASAP.
                              What does it say about your Latin Italian folk that they were dependent upon the charity of others?

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                I am a Hittite. Because that sounds cool. Yeah.
                                Chariot archer fighters gave them quite an edge to. The Terror of Asia Minor in their heyday.

I am the good Sumerian. I win
                                Yes you are.... but no.

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                11th Century Welsh-Saxon. Mom traveled a lot.

*Yes, it's an SCA thing.
                                wes hæl! Sut wyt ti?

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                My Scandinavian heritage means I'm a Viking. I'm officially pillaging this thread for any and all of the bacon.

Give me your bacon. Now!
                                My spatha says otherwise you scummy barbarian!

Roman_spatha.jpg

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                                I'm primarily Scottish and French. So I'm a Celt. -confetti-
                                More the Celt side? You sure you don't want want to give in more towards your Latin side? The French side? We have lavish cenas!

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                                Celtic.
                                Awesome. Starting to see a pattern here... lots of Celtoii and Germanii everywhere....

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
                                I'm Valarian.
                                And not just any.... the King of course, Lord of the Breath of Arda!
                                Last edited by Andius; 09-26-2014, 11:59 PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X