Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 09/29/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 09/29/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    Easy paths and difficult paths…

“Go in through the narrow gate. The gate to destruction is wide, and the road that leads there is easy to follow. A lot of people go through that gate. But the gate to life is very narrow. The road that leads there is so hard to follow that only a few people find it.” (Matthew 7:13–14, CEV)

You think it would be the narrow gate that would be easy instead of the wide gate after all Jesus is the narrow gate and with the Holy Spirit living and breathing in us moving through life should be a “piece of cake!” But as you and I know that is not the case it's much easy to go with the flow than against it. What makes it easier to go with the flow than against it? Some will tell you that it is sin that makes it easy. They are wrong!

James explains it’s not sin but our desire for the easy way, “God will bless you, if you don’t give up when your faith is being tested. He will reward you with a glorious life, just as he rewards everyone who loves him. Don’t blame God when you are tempted! God cannot be tempted by evil, and he doesn’t use evil to tempt others. We are tempted by our own desires that drag us off and trap us. Our desires make us sin, and when sin is finished with us, it leaves us dead.” (James 1:12–15, CEV)

In his book "The Road Less Traveled" M. Scott Peck wrote, "Life is difficult but when you realize life is difficult it is no longer difficult." That was hard for me to grasp. Then one fateful day when there were more difficulties than there was of me I remembered a favorite prayer of my mom, “LORD, give me strength!” so I found myself asking Jesus to strengthen me rather than asking for the easy way out. Then what M. Scott Peck was saying made sense to me when we realize life is difficult and beyond our abilities and we ask for help they are no longer difficult.

Life is not about easy paths nor is life about difficulties although there are easy paths and difficult paths in life. Life according to Jesus is about abundance “…I have come so that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” (John 10:10, LEB) The abundance Jesus speaks about is God’s hope, joy, love, peace, and strength.

LORD, see us through our difficulties send the Holy Spirit with the abundance of your hope, joy, love, peace, and strength. Amen!

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    “Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Amen Gary! Timely and true words.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X