Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Will Republicans Take the Senate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm concerned they'll do something really stupid early on.
    Hehe, in keeping with past practice!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I don't expect much. Obama will veto anything he doesn't like (i.e., any and all Republican-backed legislation). And they don't have the votes to override a veto. In fact they don't even have the votes to stop a filibuster which the Democrats will rediscover a sudden fondness for.
      Well they can do what Reid did - change the filibuster rule. What's good for the goose...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Well they can do what Reid did - change the filibuster rule. What's good for the goose...
        So you don't expect them to be any better than Reid?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No, this is not bean bag. I expect them to fight fire with fire.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            No, this is not bean bag. I expect them to fight fire with fire.
            While emotionally satisfying in politics history shows that such a reaction usually leads things to spiralling into a destructive vicious circle.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I bet JimL is having an apoplectic fit this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                temper-tantrum-o.gif
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Be kind... We know how it feels...

Comment

Yep, it was a blowout. This was like a perfect storm for the Republicans... Brownback won governor in Kansas, when top-level GOP operatives were privately saying they had given up on that race; even the Virginia Senate race is too close to call What happened? I wonder if there is anything to the theory that rain on Election Day (which apparently there was in some locales) hurts Democratic voters, who are less likely to be able to drive to the polls.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

So will the Democrats keep Pelosi and Reid as their leaders in the House and Senate?

Comment

Also, is Ted Cruz going to end up withholding support from McConnell, and if so, will anything come of it?
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

What CAN change is that Dirty Harry managed to keep so many things from going to the floor for a vote so his Democrat flunkies didn't have to be on record as voting against them.... the little pipsqueak won't be able to do that now.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He's standing by his fax machine wringing his hands waiting for his talking points.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And now will Congress finally pass a budget?

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                I wonder if there is anything to the theory that rain on Election Day (which apparently there was in some locales) hurts Democratic voters, who are less likely to be able to drive to the polls.
                                Obama's Secret Service Code Name is "Rain"?

Comment