Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Deeper Waters Debate

Department Head Apologiaphoenix's Avatar
    Faith
    Trinitarian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Upcoming Deeper Waters Debate

For all interested, I will be debating on November 20th Ken Humphreys of Jesusneverexisted.com on if Jesus existed or not. We will be debating on The Mind Renewed, a Christian apologetics podcast hosted by Julian Charles in the U.K. Please be in prayer for me in this debate that it will go where and the audience will see the strong weaknesses of Christ-mythicism.

2. Amen Irate Canadian, KingsGambit amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "Strong weaknesses"? A group of weaknesses and another group, the former being stronger than the other?
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth Iím after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -ó Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Faith
    Heathen
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
    For all interested, I will be debating on November 20th Ken Humphreys of Jesusneverexisted.com on if Jesus existed or not. We will be debating on The Mind Renewed, a Christian apologetics podcast hosted by Julian Charles in the U.K. Please be in prayer for me in this debate that it will go where and the audience will see the strong weaknesses of Christ-mythicism.
    Website, for anyone interested: http://themindrenewed.com/

I'll certainly give it a listen. It'll be interesting to see if Humphreys has any mythicist arguments with which I am not familiar, or if Nick's defense of historicity is greatly different from the way I've argued for it.

Faith
    Trinitarian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
    "Strong weaknesses"? A group of weaknesses and another group, the former being stronger than the other?
    I mean that the Christ-myth position is unusually weak. It's one of the flimsiest you can hold.

Faith
    Trinitarian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post
    Website, for anyone interested: http://themindrenewed.com/

I'll certainly give it a listen. It'll be interesting to see if Humphreys has any mythicist arguments with which I am not familiar, or if Nick's defense of historicity is greatly different from the way I've argued for it.
    If you've never heard Humphreys, he really doesn't debate well. JPH tore him apart on Unbelievable? and Humphreys was still convinced he won that one.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If you've never heard Humphreys, he really doesn't debate well. JPH tore him apart on Unbelievable? and Humphreys was still convinced he won that one.
    No sweat, then.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth Iím after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -ó Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Faith
    Trinitarian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    While I agree it's no sweat, it doesn't mean I'm being foolhardy. I'm still making sure to be reading plenty and preparing myself mentally as well. Cockiness is a weakness of Humphreys. I don't want it to be one of mine.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Crush him!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This should be good.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

Faith
    Heathen
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I just made an initial attempt at navigating Humphreys' website. If his thoughts are as disorganized as that, you can likely expect a gish gallop. I had no idea where to begin, or if there is a particular mythicist view which he advocates (as opposed to a conglomeration of the usual suspects).