Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

cordless lawnmowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I ever get another trimmer, it will be a cordless electric. I have a gas one now and it is nothing but trouble. If I don't use it for a month or more, it is a bear to get it to start again. Plus you have to mix the gas with the oil and all that. Every spring it is a complete nightmare to start for the first time.

I had an electric trimmer about 10 years ago, but it sucked. It was under-powered and corded so I had to deal with dragging an extension cord around. But batteries and electric motors have gotten a lot better in recent years.

Comment

I have the Ryobi One+ trimmer and pole saw. The it takes two batteries (usually) to do my yard...the pole saw is AWESOME!!!
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
        I have the Ryobi One+ trimmer and pole saw. The it takes two batteries (usually) to do my yard...the pole saw is AWESOME!!!
        My Ryobi string trimmer is both electric and battery - meaning I can run it on an extension cord, or the One+ battery - I love that. It definitely has more power on A/C power.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
          You cut your lawn with a pole saw?

Do you have a really long pole so you can sit on your porch and just wave it back and forth across the lawn?

Comment

With a manual lawn mower, you can save on batteries and gym memberships if you mow often enough,
            I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
              With a manual lawn mower, you can save on batteries and gym memberships if you mow often enough,
              In my part of the world that's a good way to get a heat stroke.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I like the battery operated mower - when the battery needs recharged, so do I.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Since I am no longer able to do the lawn my wife bought a battery powered lawn mower. She likes it and the battery will last for the whole yard.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I recently bought a corded electric mower so I don't have to bother with getting gas, even though there are literally two gas stations mere yards from my house. I still like electric. Much cleaner and quieter. Mine is a Sun Joe.
                    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      In my part of the world that's a good way to get a heat stroke.
                      Survival of the fittest...
                      I am become death...

Comment

Survival of the fittest wisest...
                        FIFY n/c

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

My lawn mower quit working and I don't have the money for a full replacement. I've been using a weed whacker in the meantime with a 100 foot extension cord. It's the most obnoxious process but it more or less works. The extension cord just wraps around my house but constantly yanks itself out when I have it stretched to the limit.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            My lawn mower quit working and I don't have the money for a full replacement. I've been using a weed whacker in the meantime with a 100 foot extension cord. It's the most obnoxious process but it more or less works. The extension cord just wraps around my house but constantly yanks itself out when I have it stretched to the limit.
                            I have one of these on the wall of my garage for my outside cordednesses.

cord winder.jpgcord winder with cord.jpg

The cord is attached to the bottom of the net basket in such a way that you can't pull it out of the wall socket. And when you're done, it just neatly reels into the basket!

Comment

I hate cutting grass. I just found a guy who will cut and trim my yard for $15. I am going to use him. Did I say I hate cutting grass?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                I hate cutting grass. I just found a guy who will cut and trim my yard for $15. I am going to use him. Did I say I hate cutting grass?
                                You must have a real small yard. The going rate when I had a yard in the 1980s was between $20-25.

Comment