Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

cordless lawnmowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    But I didn't even tell them about the mulching option.
    *Throws hands up in exasperation*

Back to the fall back security system. Orbital Death Ray.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      *Throws hands up in exasperation*

Back to the fall back security system. Orbital Death Ray.
      No thanks. You got me to volunteer for the quantum entanglement transportation device last year and I am still trying to get that stuff out of my beard.

Comment

No thanks. You got me to volunteer for the quantum entanglement transportation device last year and I am still trying to get that stuff out of my beard.
        But you had those bacon crumbs in there before the test

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          But you had those bacon crumbs in there before the test
          I am talking about the quantumly entangled cosmic string cheese you were using.

Comment

I am talking about the quantumly entangled cosmic string cheese you were using.
            Are you still confusing your beard dander with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Attachment does not work.
              let's try again
              house.jpg
              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                let's try again
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]2216[/ATTACH]
                Wow! You can jump REALLY HIGH!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Wow! You can jump REALLY HIGH!
                  I have a trampoline in the front garden.

(I do actually have a tramp. The girls spend most of the day in summer bouncing on it. The Google image predates us buying the house)
                  Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                  1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                  -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I bought Ryobi cordless drill and flashlight relatively early. But by the time the rechargable batteries were worn out and needed to be replaced, Ryobi had changed the design and a replacement battery was more expensive than buying a new drill with the new style battery. I had hoped I would buy additional tools and use the same set of batteries. Planned obsolescence.
                    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                      I bought Ryobi cordless drill and flashlight relatively early. But by the time the rechargable batteries were worn out and needed to be replaced, Ryobi had changed the design and a replacement battery was more expensive than buying a new drill with the new style battery. I had hoped I would buy additional tools and use the same set of batteries. Planned obsolescence.
                      EGGzackly - same with my Milwaukee cordless set - drill, reciprocating saw, flashlight, circular saw.... I'm HOPING this is different because Ryobi is building such an extensive (more than 50) tool collection on this same technology, and the same charger works for several different types of One+ batteries.

I'm buying several "sets", which include 2 batteries each and a charger, so I'll have chargers at various locations, PLUS extra batteries --- the "sets" are almost as cheap as buying ONE individual battery.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

let's try again
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]2216[/ATTACH]
                        The drones are on their way.

Comment

Has anyone suggested the "Original" Cordless Mower? I actually own something similar... (batteries not included)

american-adjustable-14-push-reel-lawn-mower-d-20140107142547117~325970.jpg
                          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                            Has anyone suggested the "Original" Cordless Mower? I actually own something similar... (batteries not included)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2220[/ATTACH]
                            That's not the original cordless mower. This is:

Comment

That's not the original cordless mower. This is:

Those have cords, but you'll probably need an extension cord.
                              βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                              ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

So I'm considering getting a Ryobi Cordless Lawnmower. (probably from the One+ range as I already have a One+ line trimmer, and drill and circular saw). http://www.ryobi.co.nz/NZ/Products/P...den/Lawnmowers

My reason for this is first of all our current petrol lawnmower could well be older than me and the aluminium chassis is starting to crack badly. The second is I could shortly be needing to have surgery on my wrist which will mean 6 months in plaster, which in turn means that Mine Beloved will have to be mowing the lawn, and she doesn't want to be dealing with a pull-start engine, plus the weight of a petrol motor (and the electronic start is about NZ$1000)

SO my main question is, has anyone here had any experience with cordless mowers?
                                I've had this one for about a year, now, and it works great. I use this one for the 'nicer' grass in the front yard and around the pool, and my 54" zero turn for the back yard and pasture. Mower seems to have plenty of power, and the battery lasts long enough -- about the time it's winding down, so am I.

mower.jpg

Comment