Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

My Type 2 journey thus far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Speaking of Pancreas... has anybody seen him?
    He told me last summer that he was trying to stay away from TWeb.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
      He told me last summer that he was trying to stay away from TWeb.
      Yeah, I've emailed back and forth with him a couple times. Thanks!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well, good news!! There is no sign of any calcium buildup in my heart. Nor are there any blockages. A1C was a bit higher, at 7.6, but that is to be expected since I quit taking the diabetes medication (on doctor's orders). Need to exercise more and keep up the diet, but generally, all is well for now. Thanks be to God!

Oh, and my 13 year old told me this morning that he wants to get baptized!
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Great news about the lack of blockages.

I'm curious about your experience of baptism in the Orthodox tradition. I know you used to be Protestant. Have your ideas on baptism evolved. My wife and I also decided not to have our children baptized as infants.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            Oh, and my 13 year old told me this morning that he wants to get baptized!
            Praise the Lord! On BOTH counts.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Great news about the lack of blockages.

I'm curious about your experience of baptism in the Orthodox tradition. I know you used to be Protestant. Have your ideas on baptism evolved. My wife and I also decided not to have our children baptized as infants.
              That's One Bad Pig. I'm still Protestant. I used to be Roman Catholic.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

That's One Bad Pig. I'm still Protestant. I used to be Roman Catholic.
                Oops, sorry! But now I'm even more interested in your perspective on infant baptism.

Comment

Oops, sorry! But now I'm even more interested in your perspective on infant baptism.
                  It makes the parents feel better, so
                  That's what
                  - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It makes the parents feel better, so
                    But you did not follow this course, that's the part that I'm interested in. But I don't mean to pry if you'd rather keep your reasons private.

Comment

But you did not follow this course, that's the part that I'm interested in. But I don't mean to pry if you'd rather keep your reasons private.
                      I do not believe baptism saves, but is a public confession of intent to be united with Christ in the body. I think that decision should come from someone responsible for their own, and I believe that 13 was the age where a young man became responsible for following Torah and the punishments involved. However, if the parents' church has a tradition that the parents can make the proclamation that they intend to raise that child in communion with the church, then who am I to deny them that act? It does not hurt the child in any way, and is a visible sign to the body that the parents intend to raise their child to follow Christ.
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I do not believe baptism saves, but is a public confession of intent to be united with Christ in the body. I think that decision should come from someone responsible for their own, and I believe that 13 was the age where a young man became responsible for following Torah and the punishments involved. However, if the parents' church has a tradition that the parents can make the proclamation that they intend to raise that child in communion with the church, then who am I to deny them that act? It does not hurt the child in any way, and is a visible sign to the body that the parents intend to raise their child to follow Christ.
                        We have "baby dedications", absent the baptism, and always explain that it's actually a "PARENT dedication" -- the PARENTS are dedicating themselves to raise the baby......

Comment

I agree. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            We have "baby dedications", absent the baptism, and always explain that it's actually a "PARENT dedication" -- the PARENTS are dedicating themselves to raise the baby......
                            I think this is a good approach too.

Comment

How's the Journey going, Bill?

Comment

I've been a bit remiss lately, but I am buckling down again. Had an episode at church last Sunday where my sugar went a bit crazy. sweating and dizzy for about 15 minutes.
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X