Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What the gospel truly says of salvation....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    So, why does your belief matter to me? If your right, I can't do anything about it.
    I can give you many good answers, but you have to understand that your objection shows your character in bad light. You are focusing much on your objection without trying to understand of the consequences in your objection.

I objected to God the same thing, and the broad answer that was given me is that without confirming the truth of my belief, I would be likened to a blind hoping that i would not fall in the ditch. Even granted that we are in the hands of God, would you like to remain blind? I guess you would say no.

Knowledge of Godhead is crucial part in salvation. The knowledge of the Godhead would lead us to understand how the "kingdom of God" is like. We cannot attain peace and joy without our eyes being truly opened to the knowledge of truth.

This present world will lead us to understand the depths of God's grace.
    ...WISDOM giveth life to them that have it. (Ecclesiastes 7:12)
    ...the ISLES shall wait for his law (Isaiah 42:4)
    https://philippinesinprophecies.wordpress.com/

Comment

If you were blind, a seeing eye dog could help you avoid the ditch.
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

You can be saved and still commit logical fallacies. We aren't perfect. Last time I checked, logical fallacies weren't sinful.

So then you have no understanding of the mystery of sin. And you are wallowing on your blindness.

The salvation of Christ is to cleanse us from ALL sin. With what you are saying, you will never understand what John wrote:

1John 3:8-10
        8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Comment

Why do you think logical fallacies are sinful? Stop being legalistic! And a hyper calvinist...
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Why do you think logical fallacies are sinful? Stop being legalistic! And a hyper calvinist...
            Anything that is not of faith is sin.......

If your faith is in error, then you are not under faith, so then you are under sin. Not until we come to the knowledge of truth, we are under sin. Of course you would not understand this through your gospel.

Comment

Perhaps I should stop giving calcium carbonate spheres to members of Sus scrofa domesticus?
              Arrrggg.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X