Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Windows 10 technical preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    I just finished doing that. Funny how user friendly the bios is once you get to it.
    yep!
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Comment

Don't know why virtualization is disabled automatically.
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

We only get to play with it until February 15? OKay.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          Don't know why virtualization is disabled automatically.
          It's mainly due to the fact that virtualization is a advanced topic.
          "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
          -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          I support the :
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
            Yup!

Wait, that's not what you meant was it?

Comment

What I want to know is if VMWare has stopped that crap that won't allow you to run VMWare Player on a computer that has Hyper-V enabled (which I need if I want to run an WinPho emulator in Visual Studio....but have to have the VMware player for other reasons.)
              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                I hadn't gotten around to it before, but it doesn't seem that advanced... well maybe compared to the average user...

Comment

Virtual machines are wonderful things, really. I use Windows 7 64-bit as my host operating system, but some of the programs I used to be able to use with older versions of Windows won't work with it because 16-bit programs won't run natively on a 64-bit OS. But since I discovered the world of virtualization, now I can still use those old programs again -- some in a Windows XP machine in VirtualBox, and some in DOS & Windows 3.1 via DOSBox.
                  ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment