Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Evolutionists do not understand OOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand the origin of life, either.

I'm pretty sure it was a recursive process.

But I doubt it was turtles all the way down.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
      Jorge DO YOU EVER consider doing something else?
      We are Jorge's hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Kbertsche View Post
        I've met Jim Tour and am very impressed by him. He is a kind, sincere, humble person who was raised Jewish before he became a Christian.
        That's nice.

Tour is an old-earth creationist, similar to Hugh Ross, not a YEC like Jorge.
        Then all I can say is that despite his 500+ research publications he has not yet learned certain crucial truths of his faith.

So in other contexts, Jorge would be calling him a "compromiser" and questioning his spirituality. But as Jorge says, "Tour simply follows the evidence to its logical conclusion"--and the evidence leads to OEC.
        No, not necessarily. He may simply be unaware or misinformed about this or that. Without knowing more about Tour, his background and his beliefs I could not say either way. That's unlike many TWebbers of whom I have learned enough to know for certain that they are indeed compromisers.

(Yes, Tour is a synthetic chemist, not a biologist. But he has spoken with numerous leading biologists. I'm sure that understands the difference between macro-evolution and abiogenesis.)
        Of course he does. Tour is simply pointing out several things (that I have written about on numerous occasions here on TWeb).

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          Jorge DO YOU EVER consider doing something else?
          I'm involved in many things so, as usual, other than in
          your prejudiced opinions you're not making any sense.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
            The FAITH of you people never ceases to impress me. I'm jealous!

Perhaps some day, when I grow up, my faith can be as great as yours.

The thing that sticks in my craw is how you people insist ad nauseum
            that you are based on "pure science and logic" when the fact of the
            matter is that you have the religious faith of a Bali Snake-God Worshiper.

Jorge
            No matter what the theological faiths of the TEs and the atheists are Jorge, both groups think that nature exists, that natural processes occur, and that natural processes can cause things to happen.

And so we use those three "faiths" to set up experiments to show how it is that rain falls, and how it is that life began. On that second point, we don't really know. But we do have those experiments of ever increasing sophistication.

Other than ranting, and doing so in colour, what do you have?

Comment

That's nice.

Then all I can say is that despite his 500+ research publications he has not yet learned certain crucial truths of his faith.

No, not necessarily. He may simply be unaware or misinformed about this or that. Without knowing more about Tour, his background and his beliefs I could not say either way. That's unlike many TWebbers of whom I have learned enough to know for certain that they are indeed compromisers.

Of course he does. Tour is simply pointing out several things (that I have written about on numerous occasions here on TWeb).

Jorge
              Jorge demonstrates his version of Christian theology.

Christ died for our sins, and we have to trust Hank Morris that Earth and the Cosmos are 6,000 years old, and all the rocks and fossils were laid down in a 1 year Fludde.

Pretty consistent.

K54

Comment

Or YOU might be misinformed about this or that. The sin of pride Jorge. You simply can't comprehend in your hubris that it is possible he (Tour) is correct on this and YOU are the one that is wrong.

This, in a nutshell, is the 'core' issue as it relates to YOUR position. You are a proud and arrogant man. Such a heart attitude is ALWAYS destructive to the person that wields it.

Far more so than missing some element in the origins debate.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You can be absolutely certain, or you can be probably correct, but you can't be both.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    Or YOU might be misinformed about this or that.
                    Wash your mouth out with soap and water Jim. A hundred "hail marys" and don't you dare ever, ever, suggest such a thing again.

Comment

Just for you Jorge:-

Mutation Rates and Evolution of Multiple Coding in RNA-based Protocells

The last line of the abstract is interesting:-

"Our results indicate that inherent properties of RNA molecules and their interactions allow the evolution of complexity even at high mutation rates."

It illustrates the point - while you do nothing more than rant, run, rant, run, and rant, run, these guys continue to test ideas to see if they can actually work it out. Who knows, one day they might, and you'll still rant then run.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        Or YOU might be misinformed about this or that. The sin of pride Jorge. You simply can't comprehend in your hubris that it is possible he (Tour) is correct on this and YOU are the one that is wrong.
                        Sure I could be "wrong". All I'd have to do is use "enlightened, Post-Modern, New Age Hermeneutics, New Age Exegesis and distort Scripture with no holds barred" and I would certainly be "wrong". You refuse to 'get it', don't you.

Barring doing the above, Biblical Creationism is the ONLY possible interpretation of the Holy Bible. Accept it and live with it. All your huffing and puffing won't change that fact.

This, in a nutshell, is the 'core' issue as it relates to YOUR position. You are a proud and arrogant man. Such a heart attitude is ALWAYS destructive to the person that wields it.
                        WOW - talk about MEGA p-r-o-j-e-c-t-i-o-n!

Far more so than missing some element in the origins debate.

Jim
                        That and ten bucks will gain you admittance into most movie theaters in the U.S.

Jorge

Comment

Sure I could be "wrong". All I'd have to do is use "enlightened, Post-Modern, New Age Hermeneutics, New Age Exegesis and distort Scripture with no holds barred" and I would certainly be "wrong". You refuse to 'get it', don't you.

Barring doing the above, Biblical Creationism is the ONLY possible interpretation of the Holy Bible. Accept it and live with it. All your huffing and puffing won't change that fact.

WOW - talk about MEGA p-r-o-j-e-c-t-i-o-n!

That and ten bucks will gain you admittance into most movie theaters in the U.S.

Jorge
                          Or use knowledge of Creation itself to help interpret the stories.

You know kinda like Galileo and the fixed Earth.

It's really not that difficult.

The important thing is THAT God creates. Isn't it?

K54

Comment

Originally posted by rwatts View Post
                            Just for you Jorge:-

Mutation Rates and Evolution of Multiple Coding in RNA-based Protocells

The last line of the abstract is interesting:-

"Our results indicate that inherent properties of RNA molecules and their interactions allow the evolution of complexity even at high mutation rates."

It illustrates the point - while you do nothing more than rant, run, rant, run, and rant, run, these guys continue to test ideas to see if they can actually work it out. Who knows, one day they might, and you'll still rant then run.
                            The are not "testing" - they are trying to force-fit observations to comply with their BELIEF in Evolution. Obviously you never learned how to tell the difference.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                              Or use knowledge of Creation itself to help interpret the stories.

You know kinda like Galileo and the fixed Earth.

It's really not that difficult.

The important thing is THAT God creates. Isn't it?

K54
                              At a sophomoric level, yes, that is the "important thing".

At a level beyond puberty a person has to realize that Scripture must be taken in its entirety, not in compartmentalized, isolated pockets. Also, the hermeneutic/exegesis employed must be sound and proper. These are simple lessons that are lost on you et al.

Jorge

Comment

Silly fellow. What you have just said is that the 'only possible interpretation of the Holy Bible' (Genesis anyway) is provably wrong from a scientific perspective. Talk about not having a clue what one is saying. Yikes.

Jim
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment