Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

"Feel Good" Preachers and "Prosperity" Preachers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    How does being convinced that Christ is able relate to this imaginary feeling of satisfaction? You are not making sense here.
    Pardon, I don't understand your point. Please explain.

Thanks.
    ...WISDOM giveth life to them that have it. (Ecclesiastes 7:12)
    ...the ISLES shall wait for his law (Isaiah 42:4)
    https://philippinesinprophecies.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      That looks like a job for the Holy Spirit! Seriously, He does the mind renewing thing.
      So, you now understand that the kingdom of God is "not accessible " to "little" children?

Maybe, you still don't....?

Comment

Originally posted by FarEastBird View Post
        So, you now understand that the kingdom of God is "not accessible " to "little" children?

Maybe, you still don't....?
        Little children can enter because they don't have shame and gladly accept gifts. It's a gift! You are over complicating things.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

How does being convinced that Christ is able relate to this imaginary feeling of satisfaction? You are not making sense here.
          Christianbookworm and I were both focusing on faith, being convinced, as opposed to some esoteric secret knowledge you claim to have that we do not.

. . . This is an obvious problem with religions. When beliefs are merely driven by feelings of satisfaction it becomes unmoved by reason. Atheists themselves, without being satisfied of their limited existence, cannot survive.
          I am simply asking how it is that our being intellectually convinced of who Christ is and choosing to trust Him is related to these imaginary "feelings of satisfaction."
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Little children can enter because they don't have shame and gladly accept gifts. It's a gift! You are over complicating things.
            So, you really think that the kingdom of God is like "Neverland" where Peter Pan rules? Is that how you will glorify God? Aren't you annoying God that way?

Look, Tootles, you even agree that a saved child will finally become a man with renewed knowledge through the working of the Spirit. So, if you are still "childlike", shouldn't you be asking yourself if the Spirit worked in you?

We see that there are many who are truly childish and completely will give their life to God, but were their knowledge renewed? If you do not know what the "renewed knowledge" is like, then your belief collapses into nonsense.

For goodness sake, we would need the "renewed knowledge" in seeking the kingdom of God. Wee need to seek the kingdom of God "first", then all other things will be added. Can you seek the kingdom with a childlike mind? that will be ridiculous.
            Last edited by FarEastBird; 10-17-2014, 08:56 PM.

Comment

So, you really think that the kingdom of God is like "Neverland" where Peter Pan rules? Is that how you will glorify God? Aren't you annoying God that way?

Look, Tootles, you even agree that a saved child will finally become a man with renewed knowledge through the working of the Spirit. So, if you are still "childlike", shouldn't you be asking yourself if the Spirit worked in you?

We see that there are many who are truly childish and completely will give their life to God, but were their knowledge renewed? If you do not know what the "renewed knowledge" is like, then your belief collapses into nonsense.

For goodness sake, we would need the "renewed knowledge" in seeking the kingdom of God. Wee need to seek the kingdom of God "first", then all other things will be added. Can you seek the kingdom with a childlike mind? that will be ridiculous.
              No. You're mixing up justification, sanctification, and glorification Salvation is a free gift that one should gratefully accept, which is the only comparison to children. We aren't supposed to stay there. Getting into heaven= accepting God's offer of salvation. Rewards in heaven are as result of good works an being Christlike.

Comment

facepalm-gif.giffacepalm-gif.gif
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

No. You're mixing up justification, sanctification, and glorification......
                  How would you have known about those things when you are still a child, and still in the process of learning?

Salvation is a free gift that one should gratefully accept, which is the only comparison to children. We aren't supposed to stay there.
                  Right, so have you had a renewed knowledge? Again, if you still had a childlike mind, shouldn't you be asking if the spirit is working in you?

Getting into heaven= accepting God's offer of salvation. Rewards in heaven are as result of good works an being Christlike.
                  Yeah, you are convinced of that "good promise" because you do not know what salvation truly is. And obviously your belief on that "good promise" is not working in you. (((You, most likely, do not even know of what stage are you in your salvation.)))

Perhaps, if you still don't get the point, then show me your evidence that your belief works, and that you are not merely making "good promises"
                  Last edited by FarEastBird; 10-18-2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Christianbookworm and I were both focusing on faith, being convinced, as opposed to some esoteric secret knowledge you claim to have that we do not.
                    You see, the problem, Jedidiah, is how would you explain that your faith is no less to a simple believing on good promises, than supposed to believing it as truth.

Also, the knowledge I speak of is simply about maturity of mind. One can just know the difference in how we differ in thinking and understand things.

I am simply asking how it is that our being intellectually convinced of who Christ is and choosing to trust Him is related to these imaginary "feelings of satisfaction."
                    I am not preaching about having a "feeling of satisfaction." The gospel is about Truth. Making promises is only given initially to persuade people to learn of the gospel. But once a person learned of the truth of the gospel, then the person become convinced and come to know that all things that God will give is is because of the truth of His godhead. When one learned of the truth of the goodness of God, a believer has but understanding that God does things out of his goodness, even when we see of our unworthiness. On top of this is to understand the "GRACE" of God, which is given not through man's will.

Christianbokkworm's gospel of salvation to believe in order to be saved, is no less but attaining one's salvation through man's will. One can clearly see that his conviction/faith is flawed because not all of who believe are saved.
                    Last edited by FarEastBird; 10-18-2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

No. Take a theology class, why don't you? I'd rather take what Jesus said at face value.

Comment

You see, the problem, Jedidiah, is how would you explain that your faith is no less to a simple believing on good promises, than supposed to believing it as truth.

Also, the knowledge I speak of is simply about maturity of mind. One can just know the difference in how we differ in thinking and understand things.

I am not preaching about having a "feeling of satisfaction." The gospel is about Truth. Making promises is only given initially to persuade people to learn of the gospel. But once a person learned of the truth of the gospel, then the person become convinced and come to know that all things that God will give is is because of the truth of His godhead. When one learned of the truth of the goodness of God, a believer has but understanding that God does things out of his goodness, even when we see of our unworthiness. On top of this is to understand the "GRACE" of God, which is given not through man's will.

Christianbokkworm's gospel of salvation to believe in order to be saved, is no less but attaining one's salvation through man's will. One can clearly see that his conviction/faith is flawed because not all of who believe are saved.
                        I see that you think you have a mature mind. You also seem to think that God has some sort of elitist intellectual cadre who must go about and explain that trusting in the death and resurrection of Christ is not enough. You can tell us we are not good enough, but you can not tell us what this mystical truth you know really is. Do you think God is some sort of trickster? I certainly do not.

Oh yes, and a childlike mind is not an ignorant one, but a humble one. Humility is what you seem to lack.

Comment

Rewards in heaven are as result of good works an being Christlike.
                          ? That seems like Roman Catholic doctrine anyway.
                          The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                            ? That seems like Roman Catholic doctrine anyway.
                            No one was talking about the Roman Catholics! ???

Comment

Hey FEB! Go to the Tektonics area and try to convince jpholding of the truth of your claims! I dare you!

Comment

I see that you think you have a mature mind. You also seem to think that God has some sort of elitist intellectual cadre who must go about and explain that trusting in the death and resurrection of Christ is not enough. You can tell us we are not good enough, but you can not tell us what this mystical truth you know really is.
                                I am sharing my knowledge openly, but you are against it and some of you had called me names even when they admit that they do not understand what I was talking about.

Do you think God is some sort of trickster? I certainly do not.
                                No, he is not. And that is certainly what I want others to believe. And this OP, as a matter of fact, is aimed to know God, and to avoid to believing on mere good promises.

Oh yes, and a childlike mind is not an ignorant one, but a humble one. Humility is what you seem to lack.
                                Humility? I have upheld with high regards the things I know right, but I never looked down on people.

By the way, preaching God and of teaching of his truth has nothing to do with humility. Do not mistook my decisiveness to stand on my faith as an act of hostility. And I do understand the same of everyone who stand on their faith. But what is wrong is wrong. If one find himself being wrong, and admit it, then that is humility.

This is vain subject though, one can just read the posts against me and they will know things about me on this subject. (((except, of course, who posted them, and their allies))))

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X