Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

"Feel Good" Preachers and "Prosperity" Preachers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    No one was talking about the Roman Catholics! ???
    Perhaps I should ask for this sentence "Rewards in heaven are as result of good works an being Christlike" to be reworded.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Hey FEB! Go to the Tektonics area and try to convince jpholding of the truth of your claims! I dare you!

One sign of wisdom is seen through how people behave. I believed he had influenced people here to behave like him. I do not feel the urge of the spirit to speak to him regardless i find disagreement with some of his beliefs.

Anyways, I am not after making a name of myself. If I am really after making a name for myself, I would have gone to other forums as well and pursued.

For me, everything is God's work. I am waiting for a prophecy to be fulfilled. God had given to us, through prophecies, what will happen in the last days. Just as how the apostles and disciples worked according to prophecy, I will do the same.
      ...WISDOM giveth life to them that have it. (Ecclesiastes 7:12)
      ...the ISLES shall wait for his law (Isaiah 42:4)
      https://philippinesinprophecies.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FarEastBird View Post
        I am sharing my knowledge openly, but you are against it and some of you had called me names even when they admit that they do not understand what I was talking about.

No, he is not. And that is certainly what I want others to believe. And this OP, as a matter of fact, is aimed to know God, and to avoid to believing on mere good promises.

Humility? I have upheld with high regards the things I know right, but I never looked down on people.

By the way, preaching God and of teaching of his truth has nothing to do with humility. Do not mistook my decisiveness to stand on my faith as an act of hostility. And I do understand the same of everyone who stand on their faith. But what is wrong is wrong. If one find himself being wrong, and admit it, then that is humility.

This is vain subject though, one can just read the posts against me and they will know things about me on this subject. (((except, of course, who posted them, and their allies))))
        I still think you may be suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I am sharing my knowledge openly, but you are against it and some of you had called me names even when they admit that they do not understand what I was talking about.
          I may be wrong but I seem to recall you posting that you could not explain that knowledge to us. If I am please forgive me, that understanding was what led to my accusation of gnosticism. Knowledge that only the more spiritually developed could understand.

Humility? I have upheld with high regards the things I know right, but I never looked down on people.
          Lack of humility is what it seemed (as I wrote) to be you were exhibiting. As always I could be wrong. I have not so accused you. The only accusation I have made AFAIR was that of gnosticism which may have, as I stated above, been incorrect. I await your explanation.

Can you explain what you are trying to get across to us briefly and in simple language. I have failed to understand so far as is clear from the above.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            I may be wrong but I seem to recall you posting that you could not explain that knowledge to us. If I am please forgive me, that understanding was what led to my accusation of gnosticism. Knowledge that only the more spiritually developed could understand.

As I was saying from my previous posts, what I promote is simply wisdom. Wisdom does not merely speak of having the knowledge, but of the change of behaviour too. We cannot simply rely on the knowledge we get from learning, but also of our experiences. Wisdom is not simply promoting idealism, because idealism would not work on our brethren that do have "weaker" faith. People who behave without "self control" is because they cannot defend their own beliefs. And even if they can defend their beliefs, resorting, in such behaviour is their lack of the ability to control their sin. "Self control" is not something we can learn by mere hearing lectures/encouragement/teaching; yet it is in the spirit of our words to lead people to have self control. If one cannot have self control then he lacks the knowledge of the depth of sins; just merely because of his lack of "self control." Even if the person can recite knowledge of about "self control," and yet when such person lacks self control, then he is still lacking wisdom about self control. The preceding demonstration is the reason why I say that the wisdom that I speak of cannot be merely explained by words. However, through the preceding demonstration, it "may" lead a person into understanding the depths of wisdom about self control.

Now, I could understand if one would not easily grasp my words because I am still in the process of trying to lead you unto such wisdom. But if one respond with an unhealthy attitude he would be hindering himself to know wisdom because of such behavior. (((If I may, I advise that people seek first why they cannot have self control; like jotting down nonesense for childish self entertainment, etc...)))

Lack of humility is what it seemed (as I wrote) to be you were exhibiting. As always I could be wrong. I have not so accused you. The only accusation I have made AFAIR was that of gnosticism which may have, as I stated above, been incorrect. I await your explanation.

I believe that the superiority that you are speaking of is nothing but the superiority of my words. If there is that you feel in my words, that is nothing but my care as a big brother to his brethren. The word of God is the word of life; so understand the importance of it in sharing to the brethren. And so, how else would I feel in persuading earnestly my brethren in Christ? I have, in my utmost care, to speak boldly for the sake of the word of God, and for the benefit of my brethren. Misunderstanding may case is nothing but due to envy, or trying to hide the weaknesses of one's belief.

Can you explain what you are trying to get across to us briefly and in simple language. I have failed to understand so far as is clear from the above.

As I said in one of my posts, I am after a prophecy.

The church was blinded so that the prophesied Gentiles will come in. I seek of people whom God sends in these last times. If I can't find them, it is probably not the time yet for the prophecy to be fulfilled. In any case, I would only follow as what the prophecy foretold.

But as for now, I share my faith and of things I understand of the Godhead.

Comment

What's your first language? Because your English is sadly not very good at all. Looks like you used a translation software that put your words in a blender.

Comment

So...what does this all have to do with feel good preachers and prosperity preachers? I think most people will agree that what they preach is wrong.
                sigpic

Comment

You will have to go read a bunch of FarEastBird's posts. He uses terms that we use but has his own meanings and implications. That is why he is in Unorthodox Theology. I have tried to understand what he has to say, but he never actually say's it. Just things like that last post with no semantic significance that I can find. A lot of high sounding words without a message.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

אני משתמש בגוגל תרגום לתרגם את המשפט הזה .
                    Είμαι χρησιμοποιώντας το Google Translate για να μεταφράσει αυτή την πρόταση
                    Ես օգտագործում google թարգմանել է թարգմանել այս նախադասությունը.
                    Wǒ shǐyòng gǔgē fānyì lái fānyì zhè jù huà.

Comment

אני משתמש בגוגל תרגום לתרגם את המשפט הזה .
                      Είμαι χρησιμοποιώντας το Google Translate για να μεταφράσει αυτή την πρόταση
                      Ես օգտագործում google թարգմանել է թարգմանել այս նախադասությունը.
                      Wǒ shǐyòng gǔgē fānyì lái fānyì zhè jù huà.
                      Hahaha nice!
                      sigpic

Comment

He may be better off using Google translate... you still alive FEB?

Comment

He may be better off using Google translate... you still alive FEB?
                          Very much spiritually alive, thank you for asking.

Comment

Very much spiritually alive, thank you for asking.
                            You're a ghost???

Comment

You're a ghost???

Heb 1:14
                              14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

If the word "spirits" in the above verse would mean ghosts, then I guess so. What do you think, am I a ghost?

Comment

What's your first language? Because your English is sadly not very good at all. Looks like you used a translation software that put your words in a blender.
                                Maybe this will help:

You lack self control because you can't defend beliefs and if you can defend beliefs you can lack self control unlearnable by hearing words but by hearing the spirit of words leading to self control unless you lack self control because you lack knowledge because you lack self control even if you have knowledge but lack wisdom unexplainable by words that may lead to understanding wisdom about self control unless you don't understand that you lack self control because you can't defend beliefs...

Understand?

Comment