Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 10/21/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 10/21/2014

Cross on hill - In Heaven.jpg

A Glory Seed Devotional
    Jesus knows us… Intimately…

“In Jerusalem during Passover many people put their faith in Jesus, because they saw him work miracles. But Jesus knew what was in their hearts, and he would not let them have power over him. No one had to tell him what people were like. He already knew.” (John 2:23–25, CEV)

Jesus knows us! Through the Holy Spirit Jesus is intimate with us! I am not sure about you but there are times when the idea that Jesus knows me makes me really feel uncomfortable. Jesus not has knowledge of what we do because he knows us intimately he knows why we do what we do. And because Jesus knows the why of what I do and because he represents me to God there are other times when I am glad he knows me.

Everyone does what they do for a reason and the reason we do things is important. I remember reading a true story about Mayor of New York City La Guardia before coming Mayor when he was a Night Court Judge a man was brought before him for stealing food for his family. According to the law the man was guilty so La Guardia fined the man knowing he couldn’t pay the fine but then turned around and fined every person is the courtroom because the man had to steal food for his family.

In way the scene played out in Judge La Guardia’s courtroom was played out long ago on a cross on a hill just outside of Jerusalem. But the cross was not only on a hill near Jerusalem it also stands before the Judgment Seat of God in heaven. And while there can be no doubt that each one of us is guilty of not living our lives perfectly we would die on the cross ourselves but since Jesus knows each one of us intimately he knows the why of our lives so he is able to take our place on the cross and die for us.

However, because Jesus knows people intimately there are those who will need to experience their own cross. “Not everyone who calls me their Lord will get into the kingdom of heaven. Only the ones who obey my Father in heaven will get in. On the day of judgment many will call me their Lord. They will say, “We preached in your name, and in your name we forced out demons and worked many miracles.” But I will tell them, “I will have nothing to do with you! Get out of my sight, you evil people!”” (Matthew 7:21–23, CEV)

Jesus KNOWS you! Celebrate Jesus! Celebrate you! Celebrate life!

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    “Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X