Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More Ferguson newsleaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Another major factor --- the officer is trying to resolve the problem without injury to himself, or ANYBODY ELSE AROUND, while the person he's trying to stop doesn't give a flying flip WHO gets hurt.
    Yeah. A guy who visits my church occasionally was riding his bike when he got hit by a drug dealer doing 80 mph trying to flee the police. Amazingly, he survived and can get around with a walker, but he's probably not riding a bike ever again.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Yeah. A guy who visits my church occasionally was riding his bike when he got hit by a drug dealer doing 80 mph trying to flee the police. Amazingly, he survived and can get around with a walker, but he's probably not riding a bike ever again.
      That's one of the more... um... challenging? ... aspects of police work for me... Is the possible danger to lives along the way worth the pursuit? At what point does an officer say, "OK, this is too dangerous" and give up pursuit, or "I can't let this guy get away because lives will definitely be in danger"....

This is one of the more controversial discussions even within the police community.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        People have just seen to many movies and TV programs where the good guy shoots the gun out of the bad guy's hand or wounds them by shooting them in the shoulder or leg.
        The good guy is supposed to let the bad guy shoot first, and then shoot the bad guy's bullet out of the air.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
          The good guy is supposed to let the bad guy shoot first, and then shoot the bad guy's bullet out of the air.
          I always hate it that I missed that day of Police Academy!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I always hate it that I missed that day of Police Academy!

Comment

Only the wimps. The really tough ones catch the bullet in their teeth

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Only the wimps. The really tough ones catch the bullet in their teeth
                Or in their hand! This is REAL, even though at the end, some guy shouts it's not!

Comment

Darren Wilson's radio calls show fatal encounter was brief

The local paper again. This one's by Robert Patrick, with Christine Byers contributing. It includes video of Wilson at the station, leaving for treatment and returning, along with dispatch audio.

Comment

Darren Wilson's radio calls show fatal encounter was brief

The local paper again. This one's by Robert Patrick, with Christine Byers contributing. It includes video of Wilson at the station, leaving for treatment and returning, along with dispatch audio.
                    Now that there is called "evidence".

Comment

It's coming boys...

Nixon Activates Missouri National Guard

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon released the following news release:

“Gov. Jay Nixon today signed an executive order activating the Missouri National Guard to support law enforcement during any period of unrest that might occur following the grand jury’s decision concerning the investigation into the death of Michael Brown. The Governor said the Guard will provide support for law enforcement’s objectives of maintaining safety and protecting constitutional rights.
                      http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/11/...ational-guard/
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

This CNN column provides some good basic analysis of why the grand jury might be taking so long:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/18/opinio...html?hpt=hp_c2

I'll be honest, I'm nervous. (I'm not as scared as a customer who came in at work and warned me that the violence might spill over to where I am, four hours away from St. Louis, but nervous for the greater St. Louis community and US race relations as a whole.) I don't want another Rodney King situation but the more the nation preps for it, the more inevitable it seems.

I heard on the radio yesterday that they will let the schools know ahead of time if a verdict is reached so they can let out early - probably a good idea.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Pathetic. Are these people grown ups or two year olds?
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            This CNN column provides some good basic analysis of why the grand jury might be taking so long:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/18/opinio...html?hpt=hp_c2

I'll be honest, I'm nervous. (I'm not as scared as a customer who came in at work and warned me that the violence might spill over to where I am, four hours away from St. Louis, but nervous for the greater St. Louis community and US race relations as a whole.) I don't want another Rodney King situation but the more the nation preps for it, the more inevitable it seems.

I heard on the radio yesterday that they will let the schools know ahead of time if a verdict is reached so they can let out early - probably a good idea.
                            I think we ALL need to pray for cooler heads to prevail.
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

One question worth asking - If the government keeps telling people that there will be a riot, once the time comes, will people say "You know, maybe we're supposed to go riot?"
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                Pathetic. Are these people grown ups or two year olds?
                                We are about to see who they are at heart. (Noting, of course, that there may well be mostly "outsiders" there causing the trouble)

Comment