Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

One taken, and the other left behind: alternate theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heartablaze View Post
    So maybe I just wasn't reading too closely the other day or maybe it was my ESV Study Bible notes that I was reading too closely, but I came upon the alternate theory that the one taken was taken to judgment and the one left behind is spared instead of the more traditional view that they one whoa was left behind was doomed, and the one taken was raptured.

Has anyone else heard this theory? What do you think? For a reference, here are two parallel passages in the gospels about this instance.
    Well ive found that those taken meet the Lord in the air and are goin to the kingdom {on this earth}. The left behind destroyed

Comment

MATTHEW 24 [36] But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. [37] But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. [38] For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, [39] And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. [40] Then SHALL TWO BE IN THE FIELD; the ONE SHALL BE TAKEN, AND THE OTHER LEFT. [41] Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the ONE SHALL BE TAKEN, and THE OTHER LEFT.

So where shall they be taken to? The rapturist say they will be taken to heaven.

ISAIAH 27 [12] And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall beat off from the channel of the river unto the stream of Egypt, and YE SHALL BE GATHERED ONE BY ONE, O ye children of Israel. [13] And it shall come to pass in that day, that THE GREAT TRUMPET SHALL BE BLOWN, and they shall come which were ready to perish in the land of Assyria, and the outcasts in the land of Egypt, AND SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD IN THE HOLY MOUNT AT JERUSALEM.

Seems were goin to Jerusalem. To the kingdom.

JEREMIAH 3 [12] Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou BACKSLIDING ISRAEL, saith the LORD; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever. [13] Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the Lord thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the Lord. [14] Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord; for I AM MARRIED UNTO YOU: and I WILL TAKE YOU ONE OF A CITY, AND TWO OF A FAMILY, AND I WILL BRING YOU TO ZION: [15] And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding. [16] And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the Lord, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the Lord: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more. [17] AT THAT TIME THEY SHALL CALL JERUSALEM THE THRONE OF THE LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.

I am married unto you! The bride! The WORD of God says the bride will be taken to Zion. To Jerusalem, for the kingdom rest.

MATTHEW 24 [29] IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: [30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. [31] And he shall send his angels with a GREAT SOUND OF A TRUMPET, and they shall GATHER TOGETHER HIS ELECT from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

In Matthew we find when this event happens. Its AFTER the tribulation on the Day of the Lord. Take note that the GREAT trumpet is blown in both Matt.24 and Isaiah 27.

Comment

Originally posted by IwreckNsow View Post
        Well ive found that those taken meet the Lord in the air and are goin to the kingdom {on this earth}. The left behind destroyed
        It is my understanding the ones taken go to God's wine press, the ones left [forgiven] enter 1000 year rule under Christ and those who He has saved [raptures and changed to be immortal].
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

I haven't seen JohnnyP post in a long time. Does he still? I had a question about what he means by "Revelation flood."
          Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

Originally posted by Pentecost View Post
            I haven't seen JohnnyP post in a long time. Does he still? I had a question about what he means by "Revelation flood."
            I haven't seen him too recently, but it wasn't all that long ago. Certainly less than a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
              I haven't seen him too recently, but it wasn't all that long ago. Certainly less than a month.
              I had taken a hiatus that ended about two weeks ago, that is why my perspective was skewed. Thank you.
              Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X