Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Black Men Speak Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    and I saw oppie and he is bald and making movies now! What the heck is going on?
    Ya know, when I found out he was directing Apollo 13, I thought, ok, that's gonna be one crappy movie! BOY was I wrong!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      That is a reference to pulling one's leg -- not finger
      OH, yeah... but Sparko ain't GOT but one leg!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Ya know, when I found out he was directing Apollo 13, I thought, ok, that's gonna be one crappy movie! BOY was I wrong!!!!
        Wait... Apollo 13 was a movie and not real? Or was it real because it was a movie? I am getting so confuserated.

Comment

• WOW... Jimmy, I found this clip of BLACK CONSERVATIVES, and it just happens to be on

FOX NEWS

and hosted by

SEAN HANNITY!!!!

Comment

• Wow, WHO KNEW!!!!!

Comment

Because it is so hard to believe that the friends who were white had friends who were white and lived in a white neighborhood?

You do realize that there are various ethnic neighborhoods in New York, where most of the people are of one color or another, but not so much a mix? Like Chinatown?

What is so sad is that you are obsessed with race. Nearly everything you post about is about race. It is like all you do all day is sit there with a chip on your shoulder looking for things about how badly minorities are treated. Even if you have to make them up, or sift through sitcoms to find it.
              You might as well literally be a rectal cavity.

I am hardly "obsessed" about race; I frequently comment about it here because I, not being a member of the default majority race in this country, have been forced to think about it due to the fact that it is a major factor affecting my life and the lives of people around me in a myriad of ways. It's something I know about and is important to me--and with a stunning display of insensitivity and narrow-mindedness, you dismiss and wave away everything I've said in a most infuriating manner. I write about it here because I hope to educate people and at least explain what things appear like from another point of view, so that people like you can better understand who minorities are and where they come from on certain issues. For people who DON'T have light skin tones like you, race isn't some trivial distinction to be marked down on government forms and then ignored the rest of the time--it's an essential constituent of their very life experience. When I claim that certain things constitute injustice or inequality towards minorities, I don't do so with "a chip on my shoulder" or "make them up"--I genuinely believe that it's a very real and very serious matter. You act as if the issue of race was akin to some sales pitch for an obscure, trivial store product.

But whatever. I know it's a historical tradition among white people to dismiss and ignore people who don't look like them.
              Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

• Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                You might as well literally be a rectal cavity.
                Again... wow.

I am hardly "obsessed" about race; I frequently comment about it here because I, not being a member of the default majority race in this country...
                You're not Hispanic?

Oh, wait.. you meant the US, not Texas.

Comment

Would you have a problem with a show claiming to be set in America, but the Ganges River and Taj Mahal were in every shot?
                  Still doing that racing baiting, eh your majesty? I do hope your career is doing well. When you're done whining that the show Friends isn't 'black enough' for you, perhaps you could get to whining about how white other TV shows are. There's only one black guy on NCIS. Are they racist too? There's currently no major black characters on Once Upon a Time. Are they racist too? I need to know this stuff so I can keep up on the latest 'what is and isn't racist, per my royal decrees' that you put out there. Please let me know the right amount of black to white people, on a TV shows, so I could adjust my viewing habits to match. Thanks!
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

But whatever. I know it's a historical tradition among white people to dismiss and ignore people who don't look like them.
                    And I know it is an historical tradition among race baiters, to see racism hiding behind every tree and to see any and all actions, as being racist. I also wasn't aware that being 'white' was a bad thing. I happen to be rather light toned, but not all of my ancestors were, but so what? I don't obsess over people's race all day. What made you so obsessed over the race of others, that you spend your days watching TV sitcoms and calling them racist because they don't show enough people of different colors? To be so obsessed with such trivial matters, seems to cause you endless amounts of problems. How sad...
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

whine whine whine. blah blah blah
                      Sorry but I don't see asians being discriminated against. Maybe back in the 1800's or in the 1940's when they had the internment camps for Japanese Americans, but today? No.

Comment

I figured it out after I already posted. Sorry.

I agree it is best for black characters to be cast by black actors, and white characters by white actors. But in the case of books, sometimes they don't specify a character's race. And Hollywood is known for changing things around, like they changed Starbuck (a man in the original Battlestar Galactica) into a woman in the reboot. I think they did the same thing with the woman in Hawaii Five-O. And I heard that the comic book of Captain America, who was a white soldier, is being recast as a black man.

There's certainly value in telling a story in a new way. The problem is when you have movies like 21 or Avatar the Last Airbender where the goal is telling a true story with style or appealing to fans/getting the material a wider audience, respectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paprika View Post

Conservative compared to what? More than a billion people in China? More than a billion people in India? Another billion Muslims not in the first two categories?
                          Europe and Asia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                            There's certainly value in telling a story in a new way. The problem is when you have movies like 21 or Avatar the Last Airbender where the goal is telling a true story with style or appealing to fans/getting the material a wider audience, respectively.
                            You think those movies were true stories????

I have this bridge in Brooklyn I am willing to sell really cheap. Interested?

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                              You're saying that these men are lying about their political views? What makes you think that?
                              No, I did not say that they are lying, what I said is to consider the source. What I said is that they are either paid political hacks, i.e. lying in a right wing propagandist produced video, or, and "or" is the operative word, they are ignorant as to the political truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Jimmy doesn't think that black people can be smart enough to decide for themselves that they don't want to "stay on the plantation". Therefore, they MUST Be lying or acting or "Uncle Toms".
                                Obviously you generalize when it comes to judging people CP, I don't. There is no difference in the intelligence level of people which is due to their race. Take yourself for instance, there is not much depth to your thought, but I don't attribute that to your race.

Comment