Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Black Men Speak Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
    This logic is incoherent. I'm not sure how you read the post to mean "whites only live in America." Of course they live in other nations. Within this one, whiteness is considered the default.

That doesn't even make sense. I am not the one believing that minorities are inferior to white people, nor am I accusing you of believing that. I'm simply pointing out what the common implicit attitude is. It's something that's become internalized to such an extent that many people who have good intentions can still overlook it. But occasionally it gets brought to light and exposed in all its ugliness. You might've heard that there was much outrage when FOX aired a Super Bowl ad that featured "America the Beautiful" being sung in multiple languages by people of multiple races. It serves to illustrate that many people are apparently threatened by the idea of whiteness not being the default in America.

In name, yes. But in reality, hardly so. Many places are diverse; not that many places feature people of multiple races truly mingling together. Instead, many of them live or work in what's essentially a segregated environment. America's improving, but in many places it's still more like a warehouse with many separate compartments rather than a true melting pot.

And on that note, now that you mention it...one of the most popular uses of the phrase "American melting pot" comes from this classic Schoolhouse Rock video that's shown to seemingly every elementary school kid. But there's a line at 1:17 that slips unnoticed past most people.

Hear that? "America was the new world, and Europe was the old..." It essentially calls America the new extension of the European world. And since Europe is predominantly white and the source of where most white ancestral lines ultimately came from, it's identifying whiteness as the basic default of America. They claim that America's a melting pot, but they tie that in with Europe being the main, overpowering ingredient.

This is true. But it's irrelevant to what I was saying. That America is racially diverse doesn't mean that whiteness isn't still usually considered the default.
    When I lived in Germany in the 1970's there were not many blacks living there. So usually when us kids went out, if someone (german) saw a black kid they automatically assumed we were american. When just a bunch of white kids went out, we would have people assuming we were German unless they heard us talking. In Africa, it would be if they saw a black person, they would assume they were a native of the country and a white person was either european or american. So "white" doesn't automagically make people think "american"

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Yeah, it's IMPOSSIBLE for black men to be intelligent and honest! What a RACIST you are, Jimmy!
      Reading comprehension problem CP? We are discussing the 4 black individuals in this video and my opinion concerning them, not black people.

Says the guy who things Rachel Madcow is a JOURNALIST!
      Since you don't watch her show, you wouldn't know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        So according to Jimmy, White people can be democrats or republicans, but black people can only be democrats or they are not real black people after all.

No, according to Jimmy, these 4 black people in the video, in my opinion, are either paid actors, or they are as ignorant as the white people who spout the same nonsense. Now, am I a racist because I think whites who believe this nonsense are ignorant? No, of course not. So why do you come to that conclusion just because these particular people happen to be black?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Reading comprehension problem CP? We are discussing the 4 black individuals in this video and my opinion concerning them, not black people.
          So, only the black people who AGREE with you.... (you are such a dummy )

Since you don't watch her show, you wouldn't know the difference.
          How do you know I don't watch her show? You made this same dumb mistake before --- I said I HADN'T watched her show, but SINCE then, I HAVE! She looks like she's on crack or something.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, according to Jimmy, these 4 black people in the video, in my opinion, are either paid actors, or they are as ignorant as the white people who spout the same nonsense. Now, am I a racist because I think whites who believe this nonsense are ignorant? No, of course not. So why do you come to that conclusion just because these particular people happen to be black?
            You are racist as evidenced by the fact that you always go to RACE first, not character.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes, if black folk aren't bowing before the democrat gods, they are scum.
              I don't know where you come up with this stuff CP, but it didn't come from me. But I will say that it is the your political ideology that treats blacks as if they are scum.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                A black pastor in Chicago has gotten death threats and his church was robbed because he decided to support a republican candidate.

This was posted by a black friend of mine on facebook who happens to be a republican. I guess he is a race-traitor too.
                So, whats your point Sparko, that there are disrespectful thugs out there? No kidding!

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                  You, Seer, and conservatives in general. It's not right to dismiss people's concerns just because they have an unorthodox political ideology. Even though black people as a demographic vote Democrat, there are many issues where they are conservative. It's not a stretch that the Republican party, as awful as it is on race issues, has some things to offer black people. Additionally, Seer is an admitted racist, and conservatives in general like to brush off black people when they complain about racism, but once black people say something conservative they are worth listening to.
                  Nor did I dismiss them because they have an unorthodox political ideology, I dismiss them only if they are, as I believe they are, phonies in a right wing propagandist video. If I am wrong about that, then i don't dismiss them at all, I just believe that they are ignorant in what they are saying. You admit the same above: "The Republican party, as awful as it is on race issues."

Comment

JIMMY!!!!! Call the NATIONAL GUARD!!!!! Blacks are sneaking off the plantation!!!!

And it's CONTAGIOUS!!!!! TWO of the blacks in my Jobs for Life program are CONSERVATIVES!!!!!!
                    Why do you continue to make a fool of yourself CP. Wow, there are some black conservatives. No kidding!

Comment

Why do you continue to make a fool of yourself CP. Wow, there are some black conservatives. No kidding!
                      You ARE amusing.

Comment

I don't know where you come up with this stuff CP, but it didn't come from me. But I will say that it is the your political ideology that treats blacks as if they are scum.
                        While you're flapping your gums, Jimmy... THIS is where I was tonight...

JFL 2.jpg

The guy teaching is one of my best friends, and this class is all about helping people get ahead. But you go ahead and preach them ignorant liberal talking points. This is part of our class, the VAST MAJORITY of which happens to be black. They would HARDLY say I treat them like scum.

Comment

While you're flapping your gums, Jimmy... THIS is where I was tonight...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2475[/ATTACH]

The guy teaching is one of my best friends, and this class is all about helping people get ahead. But you go ahead and preach them ignorant liberal talking points. This is part of our class, the VAST MAJORITY of which happens to be black. They would HARDLY say I treat them like scum.
                          You dare to disagree with the great Jimmy, CP. Plus, didn't you hear the news already? Every last republican is a racist and if they don't admit it, they are 'secret racist'. Rachael Maddow, the greatest journalist on earth, told him that, so it must be true!
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                            You dare to disagree with the great Jimmy, CP. Plus, didn't you hear the news already? Every last republican is a racist and if they don't admit it, they are 'secret racist'. Rachael Maddow, the greatest journalist on earth, told him that, so it must be true!
                            Yeah, what was REALLY neat is that Randy, my brother, was there tonight teaching them the SAME THING that I have been teaching in the previous 9 classes, but he can get away with saying it in much more "blunt" terms. At several points during the evening, when he would say something that I had already said, members of the class would turn around and look at me and smile real big and nod their heads.

Imagine me, the racist, with a houseful of BLACKS, and me and my white racist brothers taking the time to love on them and teach and encourage them, and welcome them into our Church.

Comment

I hadn't thought about it til now, but I guess my brother Randy must ALSO be a liar, an actor or an Uncle Tom. Funny I never noticed that before!

Comment

So here's my brother Randy, a "black man speaking out", and I know for a fact he's not a liar, an actor or an Uncle Tom. He's a Hurricane Katrina transplant who lost his home and all his worldly possessions, but he's a victor not a victim. He has a Master's degree in Social Ministries, and is not afraid to tell young blacks that it's time to think about getting off the plantation.

randy.JPG

Comment