Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Food Storage and Disaster Prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    The CDC has a nice web page on Zombie preparedness. You never know.

http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/zombies.htm

But do we really WANT the zombies to be prepared? :)
    "The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven...." Joseph Smith

Comment

My understanding is that a nuclear war would be heralded by one or more nuclear explosions at high level, causing a country-wide electromagnetic pulse sufficient to cause a massive mains electrical spike that should destroy anything connected thereto; and also causing high voltages across any and every conductor, meaning electronics not connected to the mains would also be taken out, even engine management systems and your digital watch. The ordering and distribution systems for food and other supplies would be taken out at a stroke; your employer's payroll system should also go down, likewise debit and credit card readers; and if the banks and financial institutions have not protected well enough -- and I doubt they can have -- your bank balance and life savings will probably vanish without trace.

A light aeroplane might make an excellent low-tech substitute for an ICBM.

None of this will affect zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by NRA-Jeff View Post
        It's always better to join the winning side. At least as a zombie you won't have to worry about food or water or first aid kits.

Comment

Originally posted by NRA-Jeff View Post
          OH, for the AMEN button!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

do a google search for "zombie attack texas"

we obviously can't trust them texans.

Comment

do a google search for "zombie attack texas"

we obviously can't trust them texans.
              Google is a pinko commie liberal leftist organization who wishes Texas was part of Mexico, so trust them at your own peril.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Google is a pinko commie liberal leftist organization who wishes Texas was part of Mexico, so trust them at your own peril.
                You are a zombie aren't you?

Comment

You are a zombie aren't you?
                  I must be, cause all my subscriptions to threads seem to have fallen off.

Comment

Well I gotta hand it to the mormons, they can make some decent potatoes out of some cream of something or other soup and corn flakes. Someone brought some to our baptist dinner.
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                      Well I gotta hand it to the mormons, they can make some decent potatoes out of some cream of something or other soup and corn flakes. Someone brought some to our baptist dinner.
                      Did they come to invite you to their barbecue?
                      "The Jesus Christ who saves sinners is the same Christ who beckons his followers to serious use of their minds for serious explorations of the world." - Mark Noll

"It cannot be that the people should grow in grace unless they give themselves to reading." - John Wesley

"Wherever men are still theological, there is still some chance of their being logical." - G. K. Chesterton

Comment

A lot of this stuff has been directed at families which I guess is logical. Not much for singles which I imagine would include older people living by themselves. The bug out material would apply to all, but not necessarily, I would think, food supplies. Unless one wants to open a barter system. I've requested the manual.
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X