Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Apple CEO Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andius View Post
    Another vain-glorious "Come out" story. Uummhh... yay?

Any other more noteworthy news out there? Seriously, what possibly merited making a thread of this....
    For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Because the iPhone is evil, and now I have proof!

That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Thanks KingsGambit.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post
        I am saying that opening his private life to the public in order to help others is bold and commendable.
        Why must we all be subjected to everyone's sexual deviations.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Why must we all be subjected to everyone's sexual deviations.
          Who ever claimed that you must all be subjected to everyone's sexual deviations?
          "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
          --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

Comment

I completely understand Seer's point. You and Seer both seem to be missing mine. I am not saying that Cook's homosexuality is bold and commendable. I am saying that opening his private life to the public in order to help others is bold and commendable. The feelings of "many Christians" on his homosexuality are fairly irrelevant.
            Well of course its relevant. In America it is largely among Christians that there is debate about the morality and legality of topics touching homosexuality. If there were no debate, and no perceived struggle, then seer is quite correct that it would be tantamount to publicly declaring one's heterosexuality. Publicly declaring one's heterosexuality would hardly make headlines.

Your belief that Cook is "helping others" by opening his private life points back to his homosexuality. It demonstrates that you view homosexuality positively. seer does not view homosexuality positively. You have a difference in starting points.

Comment

Who ever claimed that you must all be subjected to everyone's sexual deviations?
              Tim Cook...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Tim Cook...
                Really? When did Tim Cook claim that you must all be subjected to everyone's sexual deviations? Because I don't see that claim in the press release.
                "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                  Well of course its relevant. In America it is largely among Christians that there is debate about the morality and legality of topics touching homosexuality. If there were no debate, and no perceived struggle, then seer is quite correct that it would be tantamount to publicly declaring one's heterosexuality. Publicly declaring one's heterosexuality would hardly make headlines.

Your belief that Cook is "helping others" by opening his private life points back to his homosexuality. It demonstrates that you view homosexuality positively. seer does not view homosexuality positively. You have a difference in starting points.
                  It is entirely irrelevant. I was giving my personal opinion as regards one person performing a selfless action with the intent of helping others. I am not a Christian, nor does conventional Christian morality play a role in the formulation of my opinion on this subject. Therefore, the fact that Christians find homosexuality immoral bears absolutely no relevance to the fact that I find it bold and commendable to want to selflessly aid others.

Comment

Really? When did Tim Cook claim that you must all be subjected to everyone's sexual deviations? Because I don't see that claim in the press release.

Just by opening his mouth he put his immoral behavior in the public square...

Comment

Just by opening his mouth he put his immoral behavior in the public square...
                      Thereby forcing you to endure devious sexual acts at his hands! Better not read Leviticus, then. I hear that it subjects you to all kinds of sexual deviations like homosexuality, bestiality, incest...

Comment

It is entirely irrelevant. I was giving my personal opinion as regards one person performing a selfless action with the intent of helping others. I am not a Christian, nor does conventional Christian morality play a role in the formulation of my opinion on this subject. Therefore, the fact that Christians find homosexuality immoral bears absolutely no relevance to the fact that I find it bold and commendable to want to selflessly aid others.
                        I gathered that you weren't a Christian (or at least, that your views did not line up with the mainline Christian position on homosexuality and morality). I posted only because it appeared to me that you and seer were talking past one another. I was attempting to be helpful, but apparently that didn't come through. I do maintain, though, that Christian views on homosexuality are intrinsically tied to Cook's proclamation being publishable. Against a morally neutral backdrop, there would be nothing in the statement that would make it either commendable or deplorable.

Comment

I think it is ridiculous to celebrate perverted (sinful) behavior as 'diversity' in terms that it is inherent in the human DNA. Most of whom are gay claim that they were born that way. The fact is, they may have been "born gay" since we are all born in sin and therefore have a sinful nature with a proclivity to do wrong. Some are born liars, born thieves, born fornicators, and as NAMBLA, believes that their passion to have sex with young boys was born in them. I personally find it an affront to see 'gay rights' trumping religious rights here in America, where a Bible believing Christian can be sued, arrested and persecuted simply for refusing to bake a cake or photograph a gay wedding, especially since Jesus Christ defined marriage as the union of one man and one woman since 'the beginning!" Would they sue Jesus, or have Him jailed? No, they'd probably crucify Him.

Comment

Thereby forcing you to endure devious sexual acts at his hands! Better not read Leviticus, then. I hear that it subjects you to all kinds of sexual deviations like homosexuality, bestiality, incest...
                            Yes, where they are clearly labeled as immoral. This man is celebrating his morally deviant behavior.

Comment

It's in the plumbing, BP. Jesus may not have addressed homosexuality per se, however He did define marriage.
                              "Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
                              Mat 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
                              Mat 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. - Matthew 19:4-6 -KJV

Comment

Yes, where they are clearly labeled as immoral. This man is celebrating his morally deviant behavior.
                                Look, I get it. You think his behavior is immoral. Who cares?

Comment