Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Economics of Obamacare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economics of Obamacare

OK, so... one of the big selling points of Obamacare was that pre-existing conditions could not keep you from getting health insurance.

One of the realities is that a lot of young healthy people are needed in order to "make the numbers work".

It had ALREADY been mandated that "children" could stay on parents' insurance til... what, age 26?

There's a penalty for young people if they do NOT sign up for healthcare, but the penalty is WAY more affordable than a policy.

SO..... help me out here...
    WHY would young people, MANY of whom are on their parents' insurance, sign up for Obamacare NOW, instead of risking the penalty, when they can simply wait til they NEED service, and can buy it THEN, because they can't be denied coverage for the then "pre-existing" condition.

I mean... If Obama were in charge of CAR insurance, could I wait til I get in a wreck to buy a policy?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I know. He kinda screwed this one up. And didn't plan it out very well. Plus that whole pajamas boy thing. I kind of had to laugh at that one. I kinda went That was one ugly boy. The only person I knew that actually still "acted" like that add, can't even get it together enough to call their own daughter. But that's besides my point. The law, add and campaign to cover up its crap are failures.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
      I know. He kinda screwed this one up. And didn't plan it out very well. Plus that whole pajamas boy thing. I kind of had to laugh at that one. I kinda went That was one ugly boy. The only person I knew that actually still "acted" like that add, can't even get it together enough to call their own daughter. But that's besides my point. The law, add and campaign to cover up its crap are failures.
      Which one hasn't he screwed up? You know, one that he actually did(I think that anybody in office at the time would have gotten Osama Bin Laden by that time)?

Comment

I think one of the GLARING problems with liberalism is that they routinely FALSELY assume that they can enact whatever taxes or fees or unfunded mandates or other legislation or policies, and people are just so stupid that we won't adjust accordingly. For example, they seem to think they can keep raising taxes on the rich, and the rich aren't either going to find a "loophole", or "tax shelter", or even move OUT of the taxing jurisdiction.

Liberals can't seem to think BEYOND "just tax 'em more".... they don't seem to be able to discern what direction people will CHANGE to, in response to their silly "solutions".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I tried to sign up for Obamacare in mid-January, but it's still pending because they need to verify the income of someone I live with who already has their own insurance.
          "Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

Someone said that the ultimate goal is to put the nation on the single-payer system. The USFG is to be the one payer. Obamacare is deliberately being screwed up so that people would be ready for the single-payer getup after months of living--dying?--with Obamacare. Harry Reid, that Congresscritter, said he wants single-payer. I would not be surprised to learn that he knows Obamacare is engineered to die quickly.
            The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
              Someone said that the ultimate goal is to put the nation on the single-payer system. The USFG is to be the one payer. Obamacare is deliberately being screwed up so that people would be ready for the single-payer getup after months of living--dying?--with Obamacare. Harry Reid, that Congresscritter, said he wants single-payer. I would not be surprised to learn that he knows Obamacare is engineered to die quickly.
              Well, not only that, but the Insurance Industry will be so screwed up, and without the young people subscribing, rates will be downright prohibitive. Congress will have to "rescue" the system using our dollars.....

It's hard to believe that the Obama team did NOT see the negative consequences --- unless they're even LESS competent than I had suspected.

Comment

If the Obama team did get to the single-payer goal because it engineered Obamacare to fail, why would that achievement not show competence?
                The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                  If the Obama team did get to the single-payer goal because it engineered Obamacare to fail, why would that achievement not show competence?
                  Well, uh... um.... lemme get back to you on that.

(With the advisers he has, and the MSM running interference for him.... maybe I just don't want to believe they're that smart*? (going back to the drawing board))

*prolly cause I'm such a racist

Comment

The problem is that if Obamacare was engineered to fail and it does, then why would anyone trust the same liberals when they try to set up a single-payer system?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      The problem is that if Obamacare was engineered to fail and it does, then why would anyone trust the same liberals when they try to set up a single-payer system?
                      Because there are millions of people like JimL who will excuse him "because he tried". Remember -- with liberals, it's not about success, or actually solving problems, it's about "good intentions".

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Because there are millions of people like JimL who will excuse him "because he tried". Remember -- with liberals, it's not about success, or actually solving problems, it's about "good intentions".
                        In that case why bother with Obamacare? Just set up the single-payer system in the first place.

No I think that Obama and the Democrats are just incompetent fools. Truthseeker is a conspiracy nut that gives them too much credit.

Comment

In that case why bother with Obamacare? Just set up the single-payer system in the first place.

No I think that Obama and the Democrats are just incompetent fools. Truthseeker is a conspiracy nut that gives them too much credit.
                          Yeah, I think it goes back to -- they come up with what they THINK are great ideas, with supposedly good intentions, but they don't have a CLUE how the real world works.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Yeah, I think it goes back to -- they come up with what they THINK are great ideas, with supposedly good intentions, but they don't have a CLUE how the real world works.
                            eggzakly. they are all surprised when everything falls apart.

Comment

No I think that Obama and the Democrats are just incompetent fools.
                              I have come to this conclusion as well. Why attribute dastardly cleverness to them, when rank incompetence provides a perfectly good explanation?
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X