Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Economics of Obamacare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    If the Obama team did get to the single-payer goal because it engineered Obamacare to fail, why would that achievement not show competence?
    It does show competence, but the goal is not to get a single-payer system. The goal is to weaken the United States and get them off the world stage.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Because there are millions of people like JimL who will excuse him "because he tried". Remember -- with liberals, it's not about success, or actually solving problems, it's about "good intentions".
      Oh for the amen button.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        Why attribute dastardly cleverness to them, when rank incompetence provides a perfectly good explanation?
        Because dastardly cleverness better fits what we see. Occam's razor - the law of parsimony.

Comment

Just today, Suntrust Bank told their retirees that they were being foisted on the exchanges. Private insurance with a company paying a portion of the premiums is dying
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            Just today, Suntrust Bank told their retirees that they were being foisted on the exchanges. Private insurance with a company paying a portion of the premiums is dying
            And it ain't the butler what done it!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              Because dastardly cleverness better fits what we see. Occam's razor - the law of parsimony.
              I don't think that's realistic, though. I just can't think of Obama as "an evil mastermind" so to speak.

I will say this with all the respect due President Obama (the reader may decide how much that is ): I really do think that he's a narcissistic, ignorant, partisan, bumbling idiot who is in so far over his head as President that he may not even know he's in over his head. Certainly, he and his cohorts want a single payer system, but I'm skeptical that a lot of what's happened with Obamacare was planned for that end. I think it really was just an enormous, epic, colossal <insert any similar/synonymous word here> FAIL.

I just don't think Obama's as brilliant as all of his supporters say he is.

ETA: In other words, when he gives for the nth time the excuse, "I didn't know about that," I'm inclined to believe him. (For once.)
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I don't think that's realistic, though. I just can't think of Obama as "an evil mastermind" so to speak.

I will say this with all the respect due President Obama (the reader may decide how much that is ): I really do think that he's a narcissistic, ignorant, partisan, bumbling idiot who is in so far over his head as President that he may not even know he's in over his head. Certainly, he and his cohorts want a single payer system, but I'm skeptical that a lot of what's happened with Obamacare was planned for that end. I think it really was just an enormous, epic, colossal <insert any similar/synonymous word here> FAIL.

I say he's a puppet(certainly fits with all of his lying). The "evil mastermind" is just pulling his strings. Although I would agree with pretty much everything else you said in your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                  I say he's a puppet(certainly fits with all of his lying). The "evil mastermind" is just pulling his strings. Although I would agree with pretty much everything else you said in your post.
                  Do you have a specific "evil mastermind" in mind?

Comment

Do you have a specific "evil mastermind" in mind?
                    Unfortunately, no.

Comment

ETA: In other words, when he gives for the nth time the excuse, "I didn't know about that," I'm inclined to believe him. (For once.)
                      As I reread this, a small part of me vaguely feels something remotely approaching remorse for such an uncharacteristically (for me) harsh description. Then the rest of me thinks, "Nah."

Comment

I certainly hope that the people 1) finally see the USFG as the tiger that I see, 2) get fed up, and 3) make up their mind to cut the USFG down to size. Unfortunately that may not happen until things get very bad. I think Sparko overestimates the people's ability to see sense despite the deception and manipulation by the USFG and the people's willingness & determination to shrink the USFG before things get extremely bad.
                        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X