Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

It's Confirmed, Men Are Pigs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    They call me Megaphone Rogue.
    Fixed.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      The one where I was telling him what a great moderator you would end up being and he laughed so hard that he passed out?

You've been into Teal's catnip again haven't you? That never happened, in fact, he was the one who contacted me and asked if I wanted to be a moderator.

I'm talking about your "no bath November" bet. You probably don't remember that though either do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

You've been into Teal's catnip again haven't you? That never happened, in fact, he was the one who contacted me and asked if I wanted to be a moderator.

I'm talking about your "no bath November" bet. You probably don't remember that though either do you?
        I haven't had a bath in two years. So I must have won.

Comment

You fell overboard twice last November.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

That's your bad memory again, every time you go overboard on your "ship"(which is at least once a day with the amount of rum you drink) bubbles fly up, didn't you ever begin to wonder why that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
              That's your bad memory again, every time you go overboard on your "ship"(which is at least once a day with the amount of rum you drink) bubbles fly up, didn't you ever begin to wonder why that is.
              He passes gas when he's surprised?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                He passes gas when he's surprised?
                Forgot to add the word "soap" in before "bubbles".

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                  Sparko and Bill, do you think those people saying "hello" were egalitarian with their greeting, or do you think they reserved it for women they find attractive?
                  Leave it up to PM, to be a mind reader and assume the worst about everybody. Of course, even if that was true, so what? Can you please explain why I should get all offended if a guy tells me hello because he finds me attractive? If I got all upset over it, I never would have met my current husband and missed out on something truly great. I don't get it, but perhaps it's simply because I'm not that stuck up.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    Wait...so saying hello to someone who you happen to find attractive is cat calling? I've never heard that before.
                    There's a difference between striking up a conversation and making a comment to a woman walking by because you find her attractive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      oh my you are such a sensitive guy! I bet all the girls love you.

Puh-leeze.

So greeting a girl you don't find attractive would not be cat-calling?

You are showing yourself to be a sexist pig. I hope you realize that.
                      What matters is the purpose and if that purpose is expressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                        There's a difference between striking up a conversation and making a comment to a woman walking by because you find her attractive.
                        It depends on the comment and tone of voice PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          Well, considering you only get to see ONE interaction they make with anyone, that's called a fallacy of improper sample size. Trying to make a determination based off of one single interaction is fallacious to the core.
                          My sample size is NYC. I work there.

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          How? Did you locate these men and study their reactions for a sufficient period of time to make a scientific evaluation and come to a 100% certainty? Or do you suddenly reject the Scientific Method when it suits your needs, Jorge er, PM...?
                          I work in NYC, and I am using my brain.

That is the level of arrogance I am referring to. Who says she is attractive? I don't find her attractive in the least bit. She appears broody and self-centered.
                          To them.

So, a greeting is a conversation? Again, scientific method out the port window...
                          A greeting is not a conversation, but even the type of greeting common in other areas doesn't apply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                            So sorry if I misunderstood, but I hope you can see why I thought that. You guys appeared to, repeatedly, classify a simple greeting as either a form of harassment, or something that should be treated as harassment.

I've got no issue at all with what you've said about cat calling; I find that juvenile, disrespectful, and just pretty dumb all around.
                            There's a huge difference between greeting someone passing by in South Carolina and greeting someone passing by in NYC. There's nothing wrong with a friendly greeting. If a greeting's purpose is to express attraction, keep it to yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              Leave it up to PM, to be a mind reader and assume the worst about everybody. Of course, even if that was true, so what? Can you please explain why I should get all offended if a guy tells me hello because he finds me attractive? If I got all upset over it, I never would have met my current husband and missed out on something truly great. I don't get it, but perhaps it's simply because I'm not that stuck up.
                              If you're walking down the street minding your own business, having tons of unsolicited remarks going your way just because your a woman can be bothersome. Maybe not to you, but to some, if not most women, it is.

Comment

• People also seem to forget this is an EDITED video, 2 minutes from 10 hours.

I could take that same source video and create a 2 minute video showing that she walked down the street and nobody paid attention to her at all.

Comment