Tiny Homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
    Ya know, ya don't have to have a ton of books anymore -- if the object is "tiny", you can fit LOTS of books......

well, yeah, its you.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Ya know, ya don't have to have a ton of books anymore -- if the object is "tiny", you can fit LOTS of books......

well, yeah, its you.
      We don't have to...but there's just something about opening up an actual book vs just picking up a tablet. I like real books, even though they take up more space.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        We don't have to...but there's just something about opening up an actual book vs just picking up a tablet. I like real books, even though they take up more space.
        Me too, but if the object is TINY.....

I have my library of books in my office - physical books - but I also have most of them (and many others) in digital form.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          "Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested".

I do use ebook versions to taste, but there are some works important enough to have in physical form.

Comment

I personally prefer physical books, but at the same time, it's a whole lot easier to carry my Kindle with me when I'm out.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

They look great for people who like waking up getting gang raped in the middle of the night. You don't even have to break in to rob it, you can just reach for whatever you want through the window. That's assuming someone doesn't just cart off the entire house when you're at work.

0/10, I prefer something with a more defensible perimeter.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

If I wanted something overtly small without caring about how it looked to others, I think I'd just move into a trailer park instead.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                  But where is he going to put all his books?
                  Yes, a tiny problem.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I lived in a tiny one bedroom house for about 20 years. It was not fun. Now I have a nice 3 bedroom ranch with full basement.

I find it is much easier to hide the bodies now.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      They look great for people who like waking up getting gang raped in the middle of the night. You don't even have to break in to rob it, you can just reach for whatever you want through the window. That's assuming someone doesn't just cart off the entire house when you're at work.

0/10, I prefer something with a more defensible perimeter.
                      Yeah that would probably be more of an issue for a single female, but even then, these houses are generally in a community of sorts, so that tight-knit group factor would probably deter potential criminals. Moreover, considering the minimalist way of life, I think most criminals would conclude robbing these huts are more trouble than they are worth.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        If I wanted something overtly small without caring about how it looked to others, I think I'd just move into a trailer park instead.
                        I think trailer parks have a stigma attached to them, and often times that stigma is unfortunately accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
                          I think trailer parks have a stigma attached to them, and often times that stigma is unfortunately accurate.
                          Which is why Sparko likes to talk about Trailer Park Heaven when dealing with the Mormons, cause that's where us regular Christians are gonna end up.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
                            Thus the "without caring about how it looked to others", as that stigma is very much a reality. I know the trailer park in my town supposedly accounts for a sizable portion of police calls.

Truth be told, it might not be the safest thing in the Midwest anyway because of tornadoes.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              Thus the "without caring about how it looked to others", as that stigma is very much a reality. I know the trailer park in my town supposedly accounts for a sizable portion of police calls.

Truth be told, it might not be the safest thing in the Midwest anyway because of tornadoes.
                              Yuuuuuup.

Comment