Announcement

Collapse

JW - Watchtower Society Guidelines

Theists only.

Knock, Knock!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (the Jehovah's Witnesses). This forum is generally for theists only, and is not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theist may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Regligions Department.

Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: [urlhttp://theologyweb.com/campus/help#theologywebfaq/theologywebdecorum]Here[/url]
See more
See less

Blood Transfusions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait... Satan is the one called a dragon in Scripture and dragons were always evil until recently. I don't think he was talking about the nice modern dragons, was he? So, that particular blasphemer never showed back up?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      I'd say that was the bottom of the nut barrel, but then I might get proved wrong. Wasn't there that guy with a blasphemous user name with gnostic tendencies? There's be quite a few Gnostics. Speaking of gnosticism, I've heard the Infancy Gospel of Thomas(sic?) is insane. It's the adventures of Jesus as a boy. And it has Jesus not acting in character at all!
      We've had our share of nut jobs but dracochronicler takes the cake.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        Wait... Satan is the one called a dragon in Scripture and dragons were always evil until recently. I don't think he was talking about the nice modern dragons, was he? So, that particular blasphemer never showed back up?
        He started out writing JP Holding, who invited him here.

-----
        http://www.tektoonics.com/test/parody/jan08scr.html

Non-Christian Theist: Drachronicler Says Yahweh is a Dragon

Before dismissing this out of hand, I would ask everyone read the whole post., and read it from the premise that Yahweh and El (Elohim) are two seperate entities, (as many serious Biblical scholars have proposed), with El being the Creator, and Yahweh being the most important of the Bene Elohim, which also in include the Creature Satan, long associated with flying serpents and dragons.

Bottom line, Yahweh is a created creature that was in existence long before mankind could evolve. I realize concepts like "evolution are beyond the understanding of many here, but this is why virtually every human culuture originally regarded their "gods" as dragons. They are the most suitable of the older creations to become the Bene Elohim, apportioned to all the human tribes in Deuteronomy. And I mean the real version found in the dead sea scrolls, that were not change from Sons of God, to Sons of Israel. Ah, but this is already getting over the heads of the Sunday School set out their who do not even know their Bibles are not the same as the original Bible.

If we only had that "original bible" you would see "more dragons" than at a Harry Potter Convention. But I do the next best thing, and fill in all the missing blanks where the dragons were removed. And not with my own creativity but with ancient Hebrew scripture. The part where Moses is swallowed alive for not removing his son's foreskin is a good example of the "missing dragons", but I bet the Sunday-school level hecklers have no idea what I am talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

-----

Before dismissing this out of hand, I would ask everyone read the whole post., and read it from the premise that Yahweh and El (Elohim) are two seperate entities, (as many serious Biblical scholars have proposed), with El being the Creator, and Yahweh being the most important of the Bene Elohim, which also in include the Creature Satan, long associated with flying serpents and dragons.

Bottom line, Yahweh is a created creature that was in existence long before mankind could evolve. I realize concepts like "evolution are beyond the understanding of many here, but this is why virtually every human culuture originally regarded their "gods" as dragons. They are the most suitable of the older creations to become the Bene Elohim, apportioned to all the human tribes in Deuteronomy. And I mean the real version found in the dead sea scrolls, that were not change from Sons of God, to Sons of Israel. Ah, but this is already getting over the heads of the Sunday School set out their who do not even know their Bibles are not the same as the original Bible.

If we only had that "original bible" you would see "more dragons" than at a Harry Potter Convention. But I do the next best thing, and fill in all the missing blanks where the dragons were removed. And not with my own creativity but with ancient Hebrew scripture. The part where Moses is swallowed alive for not removing his son's foreskin is a good example of the "missing dragons", but I bet the Sunday-school level hecklers have no idea what I am talking about.
          Virtually every story in the Bible was really about dragons but got censored.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

-----

From the email right under the one Drachronicler sent in (the one titled "Skeptic Email: Idiot Sheep"):

"I bet you can't find one scholar who isn't a Christian and thinks Christianity is true."

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
              From the email right under the one Drachronicler sent in (the one titled "Skeptic Email: Idiot Sheep"):

"I bet you can't find one scholar who isn't a Christian and thinks Christianity is true."

That is the same mind-numbingly stupid argument put forward by atheists when they demand that we produce one ancient non-Christian source that accepts Christianity is true. If you accept it is true how could you possibly not be a Christian after that?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                That is the same mind-numbingly stupid argument put forward by atheists when they demand that we produce one ancient non-Christian source that accepts Christianity is true. If you accept it is true how could you possibly not be a Christian after that?
                Well, to be fair, the whole email reads like it was a pretty obvious troll to me, but I'm not sure if that makes it any better.

Comment

Virtually every story in the Bible was really about dragons but got censored.
                  aliens
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Time travelers! I'm surprised no fool has claimed that time traveling Christians went back and somehow resusicated Jesus in some futuristic ER.
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      aliens
                      Space Dragons!

Comment

Time to win the thread: BACON!

Comment

I already baconized it in Post #4a
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I already baconized it in Post #4a
                            What did mom tell you about fibbing?

I mean, aside from don't get caught.

Comment

What did mom tell you about fibbing?

I mean, aside from don't get caught.
                              You deleted my post, didn't you?

Comment

You deleted my post, didn't you?
                                See post #43

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X