Announcement

Collapse

Economics 301 Guidelines

This is the area where economic theories and trends are discussed.

Balance your checkbook before participating.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Should there be a Stigma with "Welfare"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Well, yeah, and I think if it were handled at a more "local" level, it'd be much easier to work on.... but the idea of sending billions of dollars to Washington so the same old crowd can divy it up and send PARTS of it back to the states is whacko.
    That is the real problem with "Big Government." Only a small percentage of what is spent actually goes to serve the alleged purpose.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
      The entire time I had them I was angry. I was angry at the situation I was in. I was also ashamed of a lot, and fearful. Of course . . .
      I was on Food Stamps, briefly, many years ago. That was back when it was not looked at the same easy way it is today. I was always embarrassed to use them, but never got any comments or even dirty looks. It was only my personal feeling that I did not like to be on the dole. Too often that personal repugnance to being on the dole is absent.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        I was on Food Stamps, briefly, many years ago. That was back when it was not looked at the same easy way it is today. I was always embarrassed to use them, but never got any comments or even dirty looks. It was only my personal feeling that I did not like to be on the dole. Too often that personal repugnance to being on the dole is absent.
        you get it
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X