Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

For Christians only - If pot were legal in your state would you use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2555[/ATTACH]
    This furthers a conversation>

Great intellectual contribution to the discussion. I think it's cute that you are going to barf so you send us a picture of yourself posing at the throne.

Any other dumb comments you wish to make while we are dealing with them?

Comment

Sorry, but religious holiday observation and dietary choices that Paul is talking about are in no way related to drug use. I would say this verse can apply here:

1 Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful; all things are lawful for me, but all things do not edify.
      Do you always expect people to just accept your bs claims as prima facie fact?

How about some reasoning, thinking or logic, or do you have none?

The col 2 verses deal with a principle with examples, the examples are NOT THE SUM TOTAL of the discussion.

Live is dismal when you view it from behind your navel. Must be rough.

Comment

Originally posted by HeteroDoxic View Post
        This furthers a conversation
        It is an appropriate response to bull crap. Your post qualified. QED

Great intellectual contribution to the discussion.
        And your comment that it would "piss off the evangelical right" was a sterling example of the level of benefit you bring.

I think it's cute that you are going to barf so you send us a picture of yourself posing at the throne.
        And the content of your post is about to come out of the rear end of the bull

Any other dumb comments you wish to make while we are dealing with them?
        I call 'em like I see them.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

???? WHAT?

if you appear to have to change your views, you just roll up in a ball and run away?

Armadillo theology...

How scary to have a faith so weak any challenge sent you running. :(

You are going to be trouble, aren't you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            You are going to be trouble, aren't you.
            I dunno, do you like to make accusations and claims you cant' back up then run from the conversation on a "CONVERSATIONBOARD"????? If so, then probably. Peole who think they say it so it must be true, and haven't the humility nor respect to value another's views, consider and address them, should be locked up in elementary school prison, not allowed in adult chats.

So, if I'm trouble or not is entiredly up to you and how you approach conversation. I stand on the high ground. I attempt to stick to the arguments, stay off the personal, and address the issues so the chat can further itself and we all learn.

YOU make an attack, ONLY. That's not beneficial.

Your butty up there, made some empty claims they couldn't defend and fled... I'm not too keen on that either.

Comment

Do you always expect people to just accept your bs claims as prima facie fact?
              No. I expect a certain level of attempt at rebuttal, not weak hand waves indicative of incompetent debate skills.

How about some reasoning, thinking or logic, or do you have none?
              It's there, asshat. While you CAN smoke weed, the biblical question is evident. Does it edify you and glorify God, or does it turn you into a mindless drone capable of nothing more than a puerile snicker and a hankering for Doritos?

The col 2 verses deal with a principle with examples, the examples are NOT THE SUM TOTAL of the discussion.
              Yes. The examples were religious prohibitions for gentiles of engaging in things that were forbidden by the Torah. The sum total of Paul's belief is that while He was free to do whatever he chose to do, not all of those things were helpful to him, and therefore not worth doing. It applies completely to the issue of whether a Christian should take drugs.

Live is dismal when you view it from behind your navel. Must be rough.
              Live? You mean Li"F"e? And it's nice to see that this is all you have. You are incapable of refuting what I have provided, so you wave your petty little hand and act like you have said a masterpiece. It's pathetic.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

... I stand on the high ground. I attempt to stick to the arguments, stay off the personal, and address the issues so the chat can further itself and we all learn.
                lol.gif

Sure ya do, Skippy!
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

It is an appropriate response to bull crap. Your post qualified. QED
                  -------------
                  Which in itself is not a fact but an opinion your arrogant self presumes people will accept as fact. Most real men, before they levy a conclusion will take the time to make an argument and win their case. WHICH you avoid attempting, most likely because of incompetence. It's a nice way for you to posture though. Posturing always makes the incompetent feel relevant.
                  ====================
                  And your comment that it would "piss off the evangelical right" was a sterling example of the level of benefit you bring.
                  ---------------
                  It was also accurate, as it goes against all of their fundamental beliefs. YOUR COMMENT was like a third grade cat fight over the chair at the lunch table... Do you ever contribute or is it all just inane bs?
                  ===========================
                  And the content of your post is about to come out of the rear end of the bull
                  -------
                  Which is exactly what you expect the evangelical right to say when they don't like the comments, can't argue against them, can't prove them wrong, or don't understand them. The more you run your trap the more you prove my case.
                  =========================
                  I call 'em like I see them.
                  --------------
                  I bet it's hard to see the world when your head is lodghed behind your navel. I gotta give you points for trying. :)

Comment

Sure ya do, Skippy!
                    ----------------
                    Sniffles.. waaaa? Need a tissue?

Is lacking an actual RESPONSE and just having juvenile derogatory comments embarassing you yet?

Comment

Man, when I use quotes I get double print in my box.... so I cant' even see how to selective quote your comments as the first [--quote--xyz} part is buried... annoying.

But we re mostly on the same page there.
                      If you want to do quotes, you can use the cartoon icon in the tool bar on selected text, or you can type in the quote bbcodes

[quote*]text text[/quote*]

*leave out the asterisks, that is just so the tags appear in the post.

Comment

???? WHAT?

if you appear to have to change your views, you just roll up in a ball and run away?

Armadillo theology...

How scary to have a faith so weak any challenge sent you running. :(
                        I don't want to fight Christians.

sheesh
                        To say that crony capitalism is not true/free market capitalism, is like saying a grand slam is not true baseball, or like saying scoring a touchdown is not true American football ...Stefan Mykhaylo D

Comment

Originally posted by jordanriver View Post
                          I don't want to fight Christians.

sheesh
                          It was a discusion. How insecure is your faith that you take ANY DISAGREEMENT as a fight?

That must make for a rough life in the real world... no wonder you make up so many fake rules and try to impose them on other Xians... you seek the masses.

Comment

It was a discusion. How insecure is your faith that you take ANY DISAGREEMENT as a fight?

That must make for a rough life in the real world... no wonder you make up so many fake rules and try to impose them on other Xians... you seek the masses.
                            You may view it as discussion, but others might see it as you being very combative. If you are interested in actual discussion, then take off the boxing gloves and let's have a reasonable talk.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Please learn how to use the quote function, clown...

-------------
                              Which in itself is not a fact but an opinion your arrogant self presumes people will accept as fact.
                              And you are continuing to provide AMPLE evidence to support my claim. I offer it as a claim, not a fact. But, you have to have at least the IQ to grunt in order to understand the difference.

Most real men, before they levy a conclusion will take the time to make an argument and win their case.
                              I've made my argument a dozen times here and elsewhere. I tire of stupidity that you and those like you continue to offer. When you make a fallacious comment, I will continue to call it what it is.

WHICH you avoid attempting, most likely because of incompetence. It's a nice way for you to posture though. Posturing always makes the incompetent feel relevant.
                              Sorry, Skippy. YOU started the first cockfight with your moronic statement "if the church stands up and makes a big deal out of it, they are being ANTI Christ". This is an absolute bald assertion full of posturing and bullying words.

It was also accurate,
                              As have my comments been. And you continue to verify them. You are a petulant child with very little understanding of biblical morality.

as it goes against all of their fundamental beliefs.
                              But it is NOT "antichrist", no matter how many times you try to sling that crap around trying to fool people into thinking it is a diamond.

YOUR COMMENT was like a third grade cat fight over the chair at the lunch table
                              I didn't want to talk over your head.

... Do you ever contribute or is it all just inane bs?
                              I give whatever level of attention is required. Your contribution was asinine, and called for a good shaming.

Which is exactly what you expect the evangelical right to say when they don't like the comments, can't argue against them, can't prove them wrong, or don't understand them.
                              Bald assertion.

The more you run your trap the more you prove my case.
                              That you are an asshat? I agree.

I bet it's hard to see the world when your head is lodghed behind your navel.
                              I was looking for your piss poor arguments in the most logical place I could think of, and the place where they were the most at home.

I gotta give you points for trying. :)
                              You are losing miserably. You better keep them.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Sniffles.. waaaa? Need a tissue?
                                Nope. I haven't laughed at you hard enough to bring tears just yet. But I predict it will be soon.

Is lacking an actual RESPONSE and just having juvenile derogatory comments embarassing you yet?
                                A response to your bald assertions and kindergarten level insults? You get what you deserve, Skippy.
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X