Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Helping Heterodoxic with Posting Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Just for grins, can you see if it happens in IE?
    Ummmm... do you know how hard it was to take I.E. off the computer??? DO I have to? I'd much rather have a solution in Chrome.... :(

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      Hmm, have you cleared your cache since you started experiencing this issue? Oh, and are you using any extensions?
      It was cleaned recently but not since, and There are extensions running.... yes.

HOwever, other forums, running the same format/software, do not have the issue.

ALSO I have two accounts set up here....

WHY?

Because it told me it wasn't accepted, that the code thingie didn't match, but it HAD accepted so I duplicated the process before I figured it out.

Comment

Originally posted by HeteroDoxic View Post
        Ummmm... do you know how hard it was to take I.E. off the computer??? DO I have to? I'd much rather have a solution in Chrome.... :(
        It's part of the diagnosis... I don't like IE either, but we need to know if it's a browser problem or something else. Do you have Firefox? That's what I'm using. If it happens in other browsers as well (Opera?) then we know it's not necessarily a browser problem, and maybe some other setting.

Just trying to help!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I can really understand that. However, we are trying to figure out if this is browser based. Would you be more comfortable trying to check with Firefox, or maybe Opera?

Comment

I can really understand that. However, we are trying to figure out if this is browser based. Would you be more comfortable trying to check with Firefox, or maybe Opera?
            Two great trains on the same rusty track!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It was cleaned recently but not since, and There are extensions running.... yes.
              Clearing out the cache is something I'm told all the time to do from other websites when having issues. I think it's at least worth a try.

HOwever, other forums, running the same format/software, do not have the issue.
              This one is customized, could be a bizarre compatibility issue.

ALSO I have two accounts set up here....

WHY?

Because it told me it wasn't accepted, that the code thingie didn't match, but it HAD accepted so I duplicated the process before I figured it out.
              I wonder if that's somehow involved with the problem. I think we need to get Raphael, or maybe ke7ejx to look at this.

Comment

I wonder if that's somehow involved with the problem. I think we need to get Raphael, or maybe ke7ejx to look at this.
                Then, again, I recently had that same thing happen... trying to remember what I was doing at the time.

Comment

Then, again, I recently had that same thing happen... trying to remember what I was doing at the time.
                  Yeah, but computer stuff can just be weird sometimes.

Comment

I have actually banned 2 of your accounts, HD. So you should only have the one unless you registered another one today.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yeah, but computer stuff can just be weird sometimes.
                      Not as weird as the USERS!

Comment

Not as weird as the USERS!
                        Like Tron said in Kingdom Hearts 2.

"You guys really are Users. Your actions are totally illogical."

Comment

OK I can do any of the others, but have you ever tried to take I.E> off a computer??? You wouldn't want to do it and all the trouble shooting first. I have to step out, I'll have to get back to this later.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

OK I can do any of the others, but have you ever tried to take I.E> off a computer???
                            No, I just ignore it, and always make Firefox my default browser.

You wouldn't want to do it and all the trouble shooting first. I have to step out, I'll have to get back to this later.

Thanks for the help.
                            Sure

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              I have actually banned 2 of your accounts, HD. So you should only have the one unless you registered another one today.
                              I only wanted to use one. You are telling me I had three???

why does it tell you that the registration didn't take when it took....

Comment

I only wanted to use one. You are telling me I had three???

why does it tell you that the registration didn't take when it took....
                                Yes, I found three. I figured you were trying to change your name or some such, but I didn't know there was a registration issue. I normally ban duplicate accounts, so it's no big deal.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment