Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Praxis of Pro-Life Colloqium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Is it not possible that some parents feel so blessed that they selflessly desire to share their blessings with somebody less fortunate?
    Of course, it's just hard to tell who the good would be parents are. And the whole topic is complicated enough to fill a library stack.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      Of course, it's just hard to tell who the good would be parents are. And the whole topic is complicated enough to fill a library stack.
      Yeah, I'm having to admit I'm really not getting it. I think college has ruined our Smartacus.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yeah, I'm having to admit I'm really not getting it. I think college has ruined our Smartacus.
        Who's Smartacus?
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          Who's Smartacus?
          A Really smart Spartacus.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The problem is your saying it "could" and this is a dangerous line to even TRY to judge. I don't think your suited to judge it, or attempt to analyze it. For two reasons. 1) you aren't a professional psychologist and 2) you aren't a parent.
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
              The problem is your saying it "could" and this is a dangerous line to even TRY to judge. I don't think your suited to judge it, or attempt to analyze it. For two reasons. 1) you aren't a professional psychologist and 2) you aren't a parent.
              You're right: I'm not a psychologist or a parent. I'm an amateur theologian, and my argument, I hope I have made clear, is a theological one at its heart. My perspective does not necessarily prevent anyone from adopting or trying to adopt; it asks them to examine and purify their intentions.
              Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                You're right: I'm not a psychologist or a parent. I'm an amateur theologian, and my argument, I hope I have made clear, is a theological one at its heart. My perspective does not necessarily prevent anyone from adopting or trying to adopt; it asks them to examine and purify their intentions.
                And its from the idea that you MUST be right. That's the problem with it. You aren't there, you don't know nor do you really understand it. The desire to be a parent actually comes from the Lord as He is our Father.
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The desire to be a parent actually comes from the Lord as He is our Father.
                  I'm not disputing that the desire to be a parent comes from God. As I said before:

Originally posted by Spartacus
                  I'm not saying that the desire to be a parent is wrong in itself, but that it is possible for it to become unhealthy. The desire for food, for example, is not bad in itself, but it can become unhealthy: it is then called gluttony.
                  Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

And I repeat myself. Your again acting as though something specific that comes from God and is totally inborn may become sinful when its not something you've ever been through, had to go through or have experience with. That's the problem with the argument right there.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X