Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Wingnuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

barney666.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So you are saying that 666 is the number of Barney?
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]2668[/ATTACH]
        That reminds me of the old Character Personality Profile questions on Jagged Alliance II.

Q5. Barney should be:
        1. Worshiped as a role model
        2. Hung
        3. Hung and shot
        4. Hung, shot, guttted, and run over
        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
          That reminds me of the old Character Personality Profile questions on Jagged Alliance II.

Q5. Barney should be:
          1. Worshiped as a role model
          2. Hung
          3. Hung and shot
          4. Hung, shot, guttted, and run over
          2 through 4, in that order
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            2 through 4, in that order
            From the character Hanover Fiste in the movie Heavy Metal:
            "He's nothing but a low-down, double-dealing, backstabbing, larcenous perverted worm! Hanging's too good for him. Burning's too good for him! He should be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive!"

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

From the character Hanover Fiste in the movie Heavy Metal:
              "He's nothing but a low-down, double-dealing, backstabbing, larcenous perverted worm! Hanging's too good for him. Burning's too good for him! He should be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive!"
              OK, so add a #5
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Then there was the old line from Hogan's Heroes about being shot and sent to the Russian front.

Comment

Then there was the old line from Hogan's Heroes about being shot and sent to the Russian front.
                  Yup!

I used to have a wooden sign at the entrance to my property that said....

"Trespassers will be shot, bitten, trampled, mutilated, folded, stapled and cattle prodded -- survivors will be prosecuted"

It kept getting stolen, and I haven't replaced it.

Again.

Comment

Well, I needed it more than you did.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      Well, I needed it more than you did.
                      How many times do we have to tell you? That dang-blasted moose can't read anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        If Satan wanted to have an energy drink, he could just stick 666 on the can and call it "Beast's Brew" and people would buy it just like that. No need to hide the message in this day and age.
                        Last edited by Sparko; 11-18-2014, 03:06 PM.

Comment

That's nothing:

“Sorry, darling, it had gone right out of my head,” said Lasareleen. “Here. All of you. And you, doorkeeper. No one is to be let out of the house today. And anyone I catch talking about this young lady will be first beaten to death and then burned alive and after that kept on bread and water for six weeks. There.”

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...AQBAJ&pg=PT408

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
                            That's nothing:

“Sorry, darling, it had gone right out of my head,” said Lasareleen. “Here. All of you. And you, doorkeeper. No one is to be let out of the house today. And anyone I catch talking about this young lady will be first beaten to death and then burned alive and after that kept on bread and water for six weeks. There.”

...so I, or anyone else, are not to leave the room even if you come and get him?

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
                              That's nothing:

BWHAHAHAHA. ... I'd just reread my copy!!!! For Narnia and the North!
                              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                There are religious conspiracy nuts just like there are political ones.

They all believe that they have secret knowledge about some plan that the rest of the world has missed and must be informed about. Whether it is the JFK murder, fake moonlandings, 9/11, Monster Energy Drinks, or the Second Coming, it is all basically the same thing.
                                ## The Nazi regime, & those of Stalin & Mao, were pretty good foretastes of Antichrist. And all three were worlds away from spotting the number 666 in all sorts of far-fetched places. These 666-spotters seem to look everywhere except where there is real evil, cruelty, falsehood, torture, & denial of people's most basic humanity going on. How can people in the US possibly identify a drink or bar-codes as having anything to do with Revelation 13 ? There seems to be an amazing lack of proportion between finding the number 666 on a can OTOH, and the sheer scale of the slaughter that has actually happened in the last 80 years OTO. To say nothing of the tens of millions dead as a result of abortion.

Identifying 666 in a can is too arcane to be plausible. Something far less out of the way seems called for by what Revelation 13 says. As for the "mark of the [first] beast", that sounds remarkably like this:

4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord;[a] 5 and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. 6 And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart; 7 and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. 8 And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...ronomy%206:4-9

Comment