Cryptomonster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cryptomonster

I had the notion of starting a 'monster of the month' club. I wonder if anyone would sign up?
    Sure!
    33.33%
    Probably
    66.67%
    Maybe, if it were in a system I liked
    0.00%
    Not a chance
    0.00%
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Thirsty Possum is not a "skunk possum"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No, thank goodness we managed to rescue him before you finished that vile experiment. Wanna sign up for my 'Gene Splice of the Month' Club?
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        No, thank goodness we managed to rescue him before you finished that vile experiment. Wanna sign up for my 'Gene Splice of the Month' Club?
        rogue tech has been doing that for years.

We just completed our line of porcupine and hog amalgamation -- the boarcupine. That's one way to protect your bacon.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          rogue tech has been doing that for years.

We just completed our line of porcupine and hog amalgamation -- the boarcupine. That's one way to protect your bacon.
          Just don't use the spines as toothpicks later.

Comment

What would it involve?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
              Don't be silly - that's the real reason he bred the thing. Or tried to - boarcupines are completely covered in spines making breeding an impossibility. Mostly because an enraged sow eliminated the entire breeding stock...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                What would it involve?
                An article on a monster - folklore, fantasy, cryptozoological or newly 'created' (RPG). Enough detail to render it in a game system if someone wished - or links to existing versions.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

That was kind of the point

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Don't be silly - that's the real reason he bred the thing. Or tried to - boarcupines are completely covered in spines making breeding an impossibility. Mostly because an enraged sow eliminated the entire breeding stock...
                    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    That was kind of the point
                    Yeah, I think I would prefer not to use them, I already have enough pain as is. That, and knowing how porcupine spines work, I would prefer to keep my brain intact.

Comment

Yeah, I think I would prefer not to use them, I already have enough pain as is. That, and knowing how porcupine spines work, I would prefer to keep my brain intact.
                      I didn't say it was a good idea - we're still finding them coming out of the desk chair one of the things sat in two years ago....

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I'd be up for it. Heck, I might even think about contributing a monster or two.

ETA: Would this entail just typical 'monsters' (ie, things you would find in a dungeon crawl), or would this include other types of baddies as well (ie, I've got some concepts for foes that would be a little more nuanced than your typical Dire Gopher)? And is this restricted to D&D, or would this be more system neutral?
                        Last edited by Chaotic Void; 11-11-2014, 10:47 PM.
                        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                          I'd be up for it. Heck, I might even think about contributing a monster or two.

ETA: Would this entail just typical 'monsters' (ie, things you would find in a dungeon crawl), or would this include other types of baddies as well (ie, I've got some concepts for foes that would be a little more nuanced than your typical Dire Gopher)? And is this restricted to D&D, or would this be more system neutral?
                          It would include any type of baddie but the emphasis at first would be on more typical monsters. As system neutral as possible - adaptation being up to the reader.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X