Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Super glad to be back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super glad to be back!

Friends

It is good to beck! Friends and friendly adversaries to some, an unwelcome curse and plague to some others, and, of course, ignored by others.

I want my coffee skin back!
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

You've actually said some things I've enjoyed reading. And, though I would never admit it, a few things with which I actually agreed.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Good to have you back, too, shuny!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I am glad to be back and, in spite of our mostly adversarial relations, I am glad to have you here as well.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Good to see you here and hear your comments.
          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
            Good to see you here and hear your comments.
            You can HEAR HIM!?!?!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Do you hear what I hear?
              "Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

I am glad b back with you all. I miss those that have not returned yet :sniff: :sniff: , and welcome all the newbe webees
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Frank, I have to know: how do your pronounce your screen-name, and what does it mean? When I look at it, I see an order to "shun ya (your) dragon." But If I had a dragon, why would I want to shun it?
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    Frank, I have to know: how do your pronounce your screen-name, and what does it mean? When I look at it, I see an order to "shun ya (your) dragon." But If I had a dragon, why would I want to shun it?
                    This name is from my Buddhist Oriental perspective. Shunya means 'nothing.' in ancient 'pali,' the ancient dead language of Buddhism, shunyata means nothingness, Shunayato Do, the 'Arts of the Way' I practice and teach is the 'Way of Nothingness.' The Dragon is the Oriental symbol of everything that is positive in Eastern Culture including the Father of all humanity. The concept of 'nothing' is somewhat paradoxical. Everything comes from nothing and returns. In reality nothing is not nothing, it is the no boundary nature of our existence.

Frank

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X