Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 11/12/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 11/12/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    Prayer…

“Pray that our LORD will make us strong and give us peace.” (Psalm 29:11, CEV)

A prayer-less life is a lifeless life. But a life of prayer is filled from the source of living, God. A pray-less life is one that “rolls with the punches.” But a life of prayer is one that not only holds its ground but is equipped with the living life of God and moves onward.

I was taught prayer is talking with God, telling God what our needs are, thanking and praising God for all the blessings. And I prayed as I was taught yet when I did there was always something missing. Then someone told me when we pray it’s like being with God. The other day I met a stranger and as we walked on the treadmill we talked about the weather, about the high price of gas, about the violence and crime, about our need for peace. And then the conversation ended and we each went in our own direction still strangers. Prayer can be like that we can talk with God and be with God yet never experience God.

Prayer is talking with God… Prayer is being with God… But most of all prayer is having experiences with God… Prayer is intellectually, spiritually, and especially intimately experiencing God on his terms not ours… Our greatest need is God! “God, I need your blessings, but most of all I need you,” is a great way to start a prayer.

When we walk in the rain we don’t stay dry we get wet. When we approach God in the true spirit of prayer we not only experience God we also get wet. However, when we approach God out of the wrong reason it’s like walking with God in the rain and not getting wet.

From the Lord’s Prayer Book let’s walk with God in the true spirit of prayer, “God, I need your blessings, but most of all I need you… “Listen to my prayer and hurry to save me. Be my mighty rock and the fortress where I am safe. You, LORD God, are my mighty rock and my fortress. Lead me and guide me, so that your name will be honored. Protect me from hidden traps and keep me safe. You are faithful, and I trust you because you rescued me.” (Psalm 31:2–5, CEV)

Are you wet?

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Jesus said, “I am the light for the world! Follow me, and you won’t be walking in the dark. You will have the light that gives life.” (John 8:12, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X